New to NCL and considering Escape - basic questions

CP3o

Some of these might be obvious questions, sorry, just starting research and limited time.

Promo seems to be running where we'd get free specialty dining and free drinks. Does it make it harder to get reservations if so many have this "free" because of booking promo?

Do you need to make show reservations and restaurant reservations ahead of time?

I'm thinking I wouldn't want the shore excursion credits because what if don't want ship excursions (St Thomas/Tortola/Nassau)? But we don't drink much so maybe should consider shore excursions, any recommendations? Will they give you an OBC instead if can't book the excursion you'd want?

Have only skimmed a few reviews so far but seems like people "love" the Haven, we would not have that perk. Any NCL Escape newbie tips? Experienced cruiser but have only done Pride years ago.

Any cabin recommendations for someone booking a few months out? I saw something about creaky cabins on deck 9 I'd want to avoid. Need two cabins for family of four. Will NCL allow teens to be booked across the hall in an inside cabin (15, 17)?

Thanks for any info.

Will NCL allow teens to be booked across the hall in an inside cabin (15, 17)?

Thanks for any info.

Well we just cruised last week and there were lots of attached family cabins for dual bookings (with balcony) on deck 9. All the parents looking to book kids with their 2nd room were on deck 9.

They booked 1 adult and kid(s) in 1 room and the other adult with kids in the other room and then the adults just stayed in 1 room and the kids in the other...

Thanks, I was hoping to spend less on "kids" cabin than balcony rate and we've done rcl with officially adult in each cabin and switched but may be tougher to utilize promos if can't put adults in same cabin (balcony pricier and gets two perks so ideally both adults getting drink package instead of a kid).

Any other things might be good for me to know about NCL escape that is different than rcl? I don't know where to start and not much time, normally plan much earlier. Sort of wish the perks were just cheaper rate or OBC. I don't think want wifi since getting kids unplugged part of the appeal to cruise.

Any excursions recommendations for teen boys?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would NEVER choose the Wifi as a perk...we had 2 people who paid the $200+ for the unlimited and it took easily over 5 min sometimes to load a page...The Beverage package was great as just 2 glasses of wine with dinner is $140...They had Ruffino Pino Griggio as one of the white options and that's a decent enough white and the Colores del Sol malbec was probably the best Red available with the package. There were wines available at the tasting bar that are not on the general menus but you could go there and take a glass or 2 with you...Stack onto that a trip or two to the brew house and the drinks on deck during the day and you've got yourself a nice deal..

The great thing about the specialty dining promo is you are free to order whatever you want for no additional cost at the specialty restaurants...we had someone get the 35oz porterhouse with a lobster at Cagneys...Yes, that's a 2+ Lb steak...and no they didn't finish it because it's supposed to be for 2!

Edited by sender_name