Tours eg Joe Holidays tours in Madeira.

We are stopping in Madeira at the end of May. We've been there before a few times including spending a week there so want to do something different. We haven't been to the East of the Island and I have been looking at pre booked tours. Has anyone used Joe Holidays tours here? or have recommendations?

I was also wondering about using buses. we have an overnight stop there so have plenty of time. Would we get to see as much?

the third option is waiting until we get there and hiring a taxi. I know there are usually lots waiting but it is a bit of an unknown. However it would give us flexibility to decide what to do on the day.

Any advice or help would be appreciated

Can try Madeira Happy Tours. Very reasonable price and good service. Taxi for a day is much more. Bus is ok for a single destination; day tours covers several. East is a dry part of the island so no lush vegetation as in West or North. Also their North tour is technically North & East so its worth looking into.

We are in Madeira at the end of March and have been recommended to take a private tour with danielmadeirataxis.com. We have given Daniel details of the places we want to visit and he has customised a full day's tour which for the four of us works out at 140 Euros(far cheaper than the ship's shore excursions)

Daniel can also offer 4 or 5 hour tours (95 Euros and 110Euros respectively being the total cost for 4 persons).

If you let him know exactly what you want to see and do he will be more than happy to assist. He has been so informative and helpful and we are looking forward to exploring this lovely port of call.

Good Luck with your plans

Suzanne

My parents are just back after their latest visit to Madeira and have been 7-8 times.

They have seen most of the island, but took a taxi for a day out and he went to places they have never been, largely the east and up to Santana on the north coast. Cost was 80 euros for three in the taxi.

Trips to Nun's Valley were not possible as unusually for Madeira there had been a lot of snow at higher levels.

Full day tours in Madeira are really inexpensive. Around 25 pp but can be less if booked in advance. So taxi for 100 makes sense for 4 people but not for a couple

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk