Water package on MSC Davina

cruiser5152

Does anyone know if there is a water only package on MSC Davina?

Sailing April 9th and MSC customer service agents are clueless.....can;t find any water package or pricelist online.

Can we bring water onboard?

OOO, I better go check again. I am pretty sure I saw a water package on the April 9th sailing. We were planning to buy it. hope it has not taken out of the line up.

Does anyone know if there is a water only package on MSC Davina?

Sailing April 9th and MSC customer service agents are clueless.....can;t find any water package or pricelist online.

Can we bring water onboard?

They will not allow you to take any liquids on board. I have traveled this line several times.

Don't know about a water package.

I've recently read two posts where someone carried distilled water on on top of their carry on luggage (it was for their CPAP machine) and no one said anything, and another op poster carried canned soft drinks in their check on luggage, and it made it to their rooms.

Also, if it's for medical purposes, MSC policy will allow it.

Edited by 63galaxie

I don't drink alcohol or sodas so it would be pointless to buy one of the drink packages when all I want is water to keep in my cabin.

I'm new to cruising but I do believe the other cruise lines do allow water to be carried on board or at least sell water only packages....Don't know why MSC Cruise line would not do the same.

Do you or anyone else that has cruised with this cruise line know if water is sold on board the ship to keep inside the cabins?

Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruise Nov.2015

I don't drink alcohol or sodas so it would be pointless to buy one of the drink packages when all I want is water to keep in my cabin.

I'm new to cruising but I do believe the other cruise lines do allow water to be carried on board or at least sell water only packages....Don't know why MSC Cruise line would not do the same.

Do you or anyone else that has cruised with this cruise line know if water is sold on board the ship to keep inside the cabins?

Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruise Nov.2015

Part of it is the price of drinks onboard. I'm scheduled for my first MSC cruise in May. In reading a lot about the line it seems that their prices for beverages are lower than most of the mass market lines.

If one thing I've read is correct they do not serve tap water in the Main Dining Room (at least on European cruises) as others do. They sell bottles water. It's a European thing.

When I lived in Germany water was never set on the table and if you asked for a glass it was considered rude.

I'm sure that you'll be able to purchase bottles and take them back to the cabin if you want. Cost, I have no idea.

I'm truly looking forward to a different type of cruising experience.

Charlie

Hello,

You can purchase water packages for the April 9, sailing to Bermuda.

MINERAL WATER PACKAGE

14 bottles of mineral water 1L (34oz), sparkling or still. Vouchers can be consumed at any bar, restaurant and self-service buffet.

Price per package: $37.00.

I checked the prepaid area for my Divina cruise in May. The only thing that mentioned mineral water (or any bottled water) was the MORE-FOR-LESS ESCAPE PASS with 18 coupons for $84.

Charlie

Charlie you are correct.

I was able to purchase the water package for my April 9, sailing to Bermuda, but not for my May sailing to the Caribbean.

Divina does give you free tap water at buffet's and MDR on US sailings.

The 32 oz water bottle you could take with you. I believe the cost was 3.75 from the bar (excluding tip) and 4.25 from the mini bar in your room. If you have the More for Less package, you can use your tickets for water as well.

Divina does give you free tap water at buffet's and MDR on US sailings.

The 32 oz water bottle you could take with you. I believe the cost was 3.75 from the bar (excluding tip) and 4.25 from the mini bar in your room. If you have the More for Less package, you can use your tickets for water as well.

The MSC travel agent I worked with booking the cruise told me (In January)the mineral water package wasn't available on Caribbean sailings because he couldn't find any information either but checking the site yesterday under non alcoholic packages and this morning, the mineral water package is available to pre purchase so, for me that is the best option rather than buying individual bottles from the bar plus tips that are automatically included.

Hello,

You can purchase water packages for the April 9, sailing to Bermuda.

MINERAL WATER PACKAGE

14 bottles of mineral water 1L (34oz), sparkling or still. Vouchers can be consumed at any bar, restaurant and self-service buffet.

Price per package: $37.00.

Hi

I now see the mineral water package on the MSC site; that is the best option for me .....In January, there was no mineral water only package available and was told by two MSC representatives to include my travel planner, the water package wasn't offered on the Bermuda sailing so, happy to see the cruise line added it.

Thanks for all the information updates on the different drink options from everyone... greatly appreciated.