Onboard Guest Services

Krazyhardrocker

On our Dreams cruise, I had some Carnival gift cards totaling $200. I tried to put them on my S&S account using the kiosk. It would not accept them. Went to GS priority line (we had FTTF) and had them add them to my account manually. Problem solved.

PS - There were about 5 people in line in the non-priority line. I was done before the third one was helped...

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

Edited by Raxter54

There are a lot of things that they are there for. If you have a cash account, you would need to go to guest services to add more cash & to withdraw cash. (Because of that in particular, lines can be extremely long on the final evening.) If you want a statement of your charges, you would need to go to GS. If you want to get extra room keys or switch who is in what room (if you have multiple rooms in your party), you'll need to go to GS. If you have any issues (problems with other guests, noise/smells/maintenance issues), go to GS. If your luggage didn't get delivered (that happened to me). There's more that can be added to this list.

Edited by k2excursion

Check your S&S account, issues with S&S card (last cruise I lost one and the 2nd stopped swiping), get a free deck of cards, get envelopes for tipping on last night of cruise, close out your account... Seems like we were there a lot more than I thought! Never had to wait in line though with FTTF.

A few of the things I've done at GS:

• increased our auto-tips
  • requested our balcony divider be opened (with my father, from neighbouring cabin)
  • booked the Behind the Fun Tour (no one present at excursions desk)
  • gotten envelopes for extra tipping
  • broken large $ bills down to smaller bills
  • picked up an extra Fun Times after mine was lost
  • set up a new folio for DH's internet package (business expense - needs to be in its own folio)
  • asked about a misprint in the FunTimes, to find out what was the actual time and place of an event
  • turned in items I found to Lost & Found
    getting a replacement S&S card when it was demagnetized, or when DH packed his in his checked luggage the last night :P
  • and several other things I can't remember right now.:o

I really like the VIP GS line FTTF perk.:)

Edited by ShakyBeef

We used the FTTF line at guest services to redeem Carnival gift cards. The only problem was that there was nobody actually manning the priority line and we had to wait for the employees to help folks in the regular line before they could get to us :-) This was on the Fantasy.

From what I understand (and from what I have experienced on Pride), when there is someone waiting in the VIP line and all GS reps are busy helping other passengers, the first GS rep to finish with their current passenger then takes the next person from the VIP line, and so on until the VIP line is empty, before any rep goes back to helping the passengers from the regular line. At least, that's how it is supposed to work. But I have heard reports like yours from others that were not helped "next" when they were next in the VIP line. It sounds like they don't always have the system working smoothly.