Dry Erase boards outside the cabin

MaiTaiMary

WE used a white board on our cruise on Carnival Glory Feb 13th. at the aft of the ship, without heavy foot traffic, it actually worked very well. only once was there an extra message, and it was simply a 'Hello!'.

Our 10 and 12 year old boys did well with keeping ups up to date on where they were, throughout the week. also helped to meet up with other adults traveling with us as well!

Board came home with us, at the end of the week. Just a note, make sure you bring more than one marker. Ours was just about dead by the end of the week!

Did anybody use these OUTSIDE of your cabin? Just wondering if this is a good idea. We will have two cabins and are trying to figure out the easiest way to communicate.

Looks like Walkie Talkies don't work very well.

Not everybody has a phone, so social media messaging won't work.

We don't need to be in constant contact with each other every moment of the day, just trying to figure out an easy "1:00p- playing Bingo" kinda way to communicate.

Or would it be better to figure out a way to for the kids to have room access to our cabin and just write notes INSIDE?

thoughts?? :)

I've used post its on different cruises with groups. We slip them inside the little basket the cruise line uses to leave you stuff and they work well. Have not known of an instance when they were taken. Use bright colors. Simple messages.

People really steal these?? :confused: wow. They cost like... 99 cents! LOL

Just trying to keep things simple. I need some way to keep track of each other. I can't even keep track of where my DH is, much less the three kids! :D

I've seen white paper taped to the door with notes so I don't forsee a problem with a white board. Folks know the purpose of this and nobody cares. You might get a smiley face or something from some drunk but...it's eraseable. TRY IT!

I can only imagine every other message being posted other than your intention.

Save your white board for inside, or drop the idea altogether. It's not hard tracking down family members. Even as big as these ship are, as most areas are passenger cabins.

I loved the white board outside. I never ran into anyone erasing anything but some of the messages I got made me laugh. No one ran away with it.

On the Paradise cruise in January someone had a group of 3 inside cabins and had these whiteboards on them...every single one was filled with vulgar comments and encouraged others to write filth on them..I'm no prude by any means but little kids who can read don't need to be subjected to that. We took post it notes and would leave one telling DS that he had a message on the mirror...that way no one took it or changed it...