Breakaway 4/03/2016

BuyRiteTV

I have a few questions about sailing on the Breakaway in April

#1 How rough are the seas out of New York?

#2 When does it get warm enough to swim?

#3 Any other input would be appreciated.

Thanks Dennis

I am also on this sailing and my husband just asked me the exact same questions. I hope someone can give some advice. I have heard the seas are rough this time of the year. I hope not [emoji53][emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on that cruise also and I cruise the same week every year so hopefully I can answer your questions.

Seas are not rough coming out of NY. You crawl through the harbor and for the most part I find the water to be calm. I have only had an issue once, my first cruise and that was around cape hatteras and was also a much smaller ship and I think we cruised along a hurricane. With that being said I have never felt sick on the breakaway.

Depending on NY weather you can swim the first day. If it's cool, there's always the hot tubs.

I always recommend bringing a light long sleeve or sweatshirt because it tends to be very breezy for the sail away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am on that cruise also and I cruise the same week every year so hopefully I can answer your questions.

Seas are not rough coming out of NY. You crawl through the harbor and for the most part I find the water to be calm. I have only had an issue once, my first cruise and that was around cape hatteras and was also a much smaller ship and I think we cruised along a hurricane. With that being said I have never felt sick on the breakaway.

Depending on NY weather you can swim the first day. If it's cool, there's always the hot tubs.

I always recommend bringing a light long sleeve or sweatshirt because it tends to be very breezy for the sail away.

I LOVE your post! Just one question: Are you sure that's not the "Maine" in you talking? :) Nothing would make me happier than to be lounging in the sun on the first full sea day. And I will be. Whether it's in a bathing suit or sweatpants - I will be!!

I am so excited about this cruise!!

Hahaha I am a born and raised New Yorker. This Maine crap is new to me. I went swimming the first night 2 years ago I think. The water is till warm since I think they pick it up in the Bahamas. And besides you get cold you just run over to the hot tubs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app