Calling all Carnival past cruisers!!!

stleda124

I am thinking of booking Carnival Pride for July 17th to Bahamas from Baltimore. It is a Super Saver Rate Balcony GTE. With Super Saver (from what I've read) I have no price protection. Will it go down by a lot? I.E. of $100.00. I want to book now because it is only 919 for a balcony room which is 40 more than an interior room. (amazing). Also, if anyone has booked this what kind of room have you received (best and worst case scenerios welcomed).

Thank you!

I think it may depend on how full the ship is. We booked the Sunshine six months out and checked the price afterward occasionally. The price for our category only ever went up and the ship sold out.

I am thinking of booking Carnival Pride for July 17th to Bahamas from Baltimore. It is a Super Saver Rate Balcony GTE. With Super Saver (from what I've read) I have no price protection. Will it go down by a lot? I.E. of $100.00. I want to book now because it is only 919 for a balcony room which is 40 more than an interior room. (amazing). Also, if anyone has booked this what kind of room have you received (best and worst case scenerios welcomed).

Thank you!

We are on the Pride July3 sailing and we have had a bunch of price drops already

Thank you!

It is doubtful that the price of a balcony on the Pride will drop. The Pride usually sails full during the summer months. Most likely, you will be assigned an obstructed balcony (by the life boats). The Pride is a great ship. I love that class and have been on the Pride. Legend and Miracle.

It is doubtful that the price of a balcony on the Pride will drop. The Pride usually sails full during the summer months. Most likely, you will be assigned an obstructed balcony (by the life boats). The Pride is a great ship. I love that class and have been on the Pride. Legend and Miracle.

Our Pride sailing has had 3 or 4 price drops already so it does happen

Pride's and awesome ship. We sailed her last March and booked for this July 10th as soon as we got back. I only see the prices going up from this point on in as it's a summer cruise and they won't have any trouble selling cabins.

Is it me or does $919 sound terrible for Baltimore to Bahamas? What does it have? Paradise is pretty old ship. I'd pass.

It is not the Paradise. It is the pride. I was originally looking at the NCL Gem and a balcony is $1749 so it seems much less expensive

It is not the Paradise. It is the pride. I was originally looking at the NCL Gem and a balcony is $1749 so it seems much less expensive

Okay, some ship that starts with a P. Must be July that has prices crazy. Where does it go to, other than Bahamas? Or are you a ship person.?

I'm not a past cruiser and don't know the likelihood of a summer cruise dropping, but I did want to add that when I booked my cruise I really thought the price would not drop further. That was only 2 months ago and it's already dropped $280. I am really glad now that I booked with the Early Saver rate so that I could get credited! What is the price difference for you to book Early Saver instead?

Edited by stephkd

Okay, some ship that starts with a P. Must be July that has prices crazy. Where does it go to, other than Bahamas? Or are you a ship person.?

Lots of people in the NE like to sail out of Baltimore because it's in driving distance. It's wonderful not to have to pay airfare to Florida.

Sue

I'm not a past cruiser and don't know the likelihood of a summer cruise dropping, but I did want to add that when I booked my cruise I really thought the price would not drop further. That was only 2 months ago and it's already dropped $280. I am really glad now that I booked with the Early Saver rate so that I could get credited! What is the price difference for you to book Early Saver instead?

From what I see the Early Saver Rate is $345 more each so $690 more. I can't justify that price.

The NCL one I was originally doing was the same ports (except for Great Stirup gets switched to Freeport). It is Bahamas, Orlando (this is actually exciting for us unlike most), and freeport. 3 sea days 3 port days.

The NCL trip was again the same thing but 1700 for a balcony (includes drink package tho)

Can you only take advantage of the price drops by going directly through Carnival?