How much time to allow to tender to and from?

JoyGirl

We will be on the Carnival Inspiration which is scheduled to be in Grand Cayman from 7am to 2pm on a Monday. I'm wondering if we can expect to catch a tender and arrive in port by 8am to pick up a rental car that we've reserved. Is there a way to reserve an early tender time? I'm also wondering what the latest time would be for catching a tender back to the ship if it is scheduled to leave at 2pm? (I sure wish we had more time in this port!)

Thanks for your help!

They usually want you back on the ship 1/2 hour prior to departure. You should allow for at least a 10 min tender ride, because it depends where you are anchored that day. You could be farther away. Sorry, I do not know how Carnival's tendering system works, so I can't help you there.

We were on the Triumph (which left at 4:30) and were told, in the Capers, that the last tender was at 3:45. We got in line around 3:15-3:30...the long, long line, and was back on the ship by 4:15.

So from the Triumph's schedule, I would think they'd have the last tender at 1:45 for your ship.

As for getting off early, we bought the "island tour" package from Carnival, so we'd be one of the first ones off. However, we met at the designated location, and were led to the tender, but no one ever asked to see our tickets. Anyone who didn't purchase a ship tour was told to go to the BIG show room area and they would be given a tender ticket. Maybe they've started checking tickets, but they didn't when we were there.

Have fun! Grand Cayman is really a fun place, so much, that we are going back for a week during Xmas break. :)

Archived