Paul Gauguin Questions

Sorry to have missed this thread until now. YES I am ABSOLUTELY a believer in travel insurance. Paid about $500 for insurance two years ago that netted us about $8600 in payment when we had to med evac half way through the cruise. They normally pay for expenses plus the portion of the cruise you miss (half way through, means half the fare), but Travel Guard was willing to pay a bit more as I spent a couple of days in the Medical Center.

~Motu~

I'm hoping the UNITED Credit card will be good enough...it has trip insurance and trip cancellation Do you have a contact number for Travel Guard?

Are there internet packages? How is the internet service for checking emails and Facebook? Is Facebook chat easier to use than phones for checking in at home?

Yes, there are packages and they are just as speedy as any other satellite based Internet service (IE, it's not speedy). However, we were able to use it during off hours with Facetime to talk to our kids. We just had to deal with a few pauses. We used Facebook as well since that has a video chat feature, too.