Oasis - Feb 27

I learned a lot on this board, so I figured id post a short review and answer any questions if I can.

we had a great time on the cruise, just my 2nd, 1st was on majesty so this was a big change. check in was super easy, got to the port around 1045 was on board by noon, they started boarding around 1130, maybe a bit sooner. room was ready by 1 so that was really nice.

for the most part, we just enjoyed the boat. ate at chops night 1, thought it was very good. borderline being worth the $39 a piece, but for one night, worth the try. ate a giovannni's night two and thought it was better and for the price, much better. sabor was probably out favorite, but for those that mention the $20 option of picking one from each catergory wasn't there, but dinner still only $30 and well worth it. tables side guacamole was outstanding as well as the short rib tacos and chicken/bacon/jalepenos thing.

main dining room highlights were the roasted duck and lamb shank, other then that, nothing stood out. food was decent, not great.

breakfast and lunch were what I expected so wasn't too disappointed, although I expected a little more/better quality. for the most part, buffet food. did get fried eggs in the wj though and thought they were much better then those at johnny rockets...they were coated in butter it seemed (at rockets). the wj's fried eggs were cooked just about to perfect if you like them over easy.

room was very nice (boardwalk balcony) decent size and our room attendant (Jermaine) was awesome. we were on the port side, I probably would have preferred starboard if I know what I did now, views I think were better, although waking up to the mountains of Haiti was pretty cool and the best view of the entire trip.

ports I thought weren't very nice. the beach areas were very clean in labadee, but I grew up on the beach so its nothing special for me, although the water and beauty of the surroundings we don't have here...just not a beach person and not into the shopping at ports...thought given it was a private island the sellers would be a little less pushy, but no biggie. took a morning jog around the island then headed out...only spent an hour or two on the beach, had lunch which was good then back to the boat.

Falmouth I thought was a dump.took a quick walk then back to the boat. the port area is decent, but when we have free drinks on the boat, I thought was better to just enjoy the quite pool on the boat. I know you have to take an excursion to enjoy the area a little better, but nothing stood out to us but the falls and neither of us felt like spending a few hours on a bus.

Cozumel did the fury catamaran snorkel/beach break. our 1st snorkeling so thought it was a good one for beginers. not a ton of fish, but enough. staff was awesome and the beach blow ups were fun too. headed back to the boat afterward which was good I guess as it rained the rest of the afternoon.

shows I thought were good...love and marriage may have been the best as the oldest couple had been married 63 years, they were the highlight of the show without a doubt. headliner was el guacho, he was pretty good. ice show was a little slow, but it meet expectations. come fly with me was decent as well. comedy show was funny, defiantly worth a look. aqua show also very entertaining.

all in all, we had a great cruise, the boat is incredible and never felt overcrowded...never really crowded either and I think it was close to capacity. wj while busy never had an issue getting a table be it breakfast or lunch, yeah had to look for a few minutes but nothing crazy. only one night (night 2) did we have to wait for dinner, had my time dining and had it at 830 that night. line was out the door and to the stairs, but waited less then 30 minutes...the captains welcome was at 8 (his speech) so probably added to the delay. the other 4 nights we walked right in and were sat right away (730 reservations). to me, there was nothing really to complain about.

Edited by marauder20

where was your boardwalk cabin? could you see the water show from it?

i'm looking to book one and would love some information on it.

thanks

9327, had a great view...cant tell you if higher would be better, but no complaints about watching the show...its a bit of a walk back from the elevators, but didn't mind the extra steps.

Thanks for the review...do you happen to the weeks Compass' that you can share here or email ?

I do not, but it was similar to the one on royalcaribbenblog.com under western from December I believe...If you have specific question though, I can try to recall what was when.

I do not, but it was similar to the one on royalcaribbenblog.com under western from December I believe...If you have specific question though, I can try to recall what was when.

Thanks - I was trying to get my calendar all together for our upcoming trip and found the same on the blog...wanted to see if you could confirm a few things if you remember...

Monday ** Love & Marriage game show – Opal Theater - 10:30 pm

Wednesday ** 70’s Disco Inferno Royal Promenade – 11:45 pm

Thursday ** Quest – Studio B - Doors open 11pm – start 11:30 pm

Thanks - I was trying to get my calendar all together for our upcoming trip and found the same on the blog...wanted to see if you could confirm a few things if you remember...

Monday ** Love & Marriage game show – Opal Theater - 10:30 pm

Wednesday ** 70’s Disco Inferno Royal Promenade – 11:45 pm

Thursday ** Quest – Studio B - Doors open 11pm – start 11:30 pm

love and marriage im pretty sure is correct, the disco party I don't recell being 1145...the one we saw on the promenade was earlier...maybe im thinking of something else...quest is probably right, we were there a little after 11 and there were a few others already there...id say it didn't start to get busier until 1115ish.

9327, had a great view...cant tell you if higher would be better, but no complaints about watching the show...its a bit of a walk back from the elevators, but didn't mind the extra steps.

I have the same cabin booked for my upcoming cruise. Do you have any pics of the view? It looks like a great location to see the Aqua Theater Show.

I read this and immediately had to call my husband! El Gaucho is there?!? He was the headliner on our first cruise 10 years ago. Man I hope he's there in May.

neat..he was pretty good...wasn't sure what to expect going in, my 1st cruise with shows on it, but he was entertaining enough...some comedy with some music and a lot of the things I cant remember what they are called...haha...things he spun around ropes with a ball type thing on the end...very technical term...haha

I have the same cabin booked for my upcoming cruise. Do you have any pics of the view? It looks like a great location to see the Aqua Theater Show.

I do not have any I can post...if you search youtube though you can find some at least close...I know 9325 is on there...bed is by the closet which I liked. standing up for the dive show gave the best view...the right side diving board was a little tough to see sitting, but id watch the show from my room again.

basically any of the pics you can google or even find here of a close room will give you a good idea.

I do not have any I can post...if you search youtube though you can find some at least close...I know 9325 is on there...bed is by the closet which I liked. standing up for the dive show gave the best view...the right side diving board was a little tough to see sitting, but id watch the show from my room again.

basically any of the pics you can google or even find here of a close room will give you a good idea.

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see it for myself!:)