Bar soap in cabins?

cruzincurt

I am amused (or maybe the word is amazed) by the folks who are worried about potential contamination of the soap containers but gladly sit in a tub where one might question the cleaning history. (Or, what might even grow in the drain and wash into the tub when it is filled.) Oh well, we each have our own fears and phobias.

So true!

We just take a couple of bars of soap from home. They are of a size you can actually hold on to.

Those teeny bars of soap do nothing but make me mad! I want a real bar of soap and that is why I bring my own. Do not even get me started on teeny bottles of shampoo,,,,conditioner and lotion...REALLY?!?!:eek:

I am amused (or maybe the word is amazed) by the folks who are worried about potential contamination of the soap containers but gladly sit in a tub where one might question the cleaning history. (Or, what might even grow in the drain and wash into the tub when it is filled.) Oh well, we each have our own fears and phobias.

This why my preference is a shower.....cannot get past the thought of a strangers backside sitting in the same spot as mine is in the bathtub......ewwwww......just got chills and not the good kind:eek:

So true!

I re-read this thread, and didn't see any posts from declared bathers about the ick-factor :) I'm one who did mention "ick-factor" but I shower. Is that TMI? :D

I find the white bar of soap sufficient size and love the texture and smell. When first entering room on boarding, the steward came to introduce himself and I asked for extra bar, explaining that I wanted one for sink and one for bath tub - it was there when I came back after drill. Explained I have very dry skin and use lots of lotion and always had an extra bottle there besides the one I was using - again, no problem. I like the bath/shower gel. Use the shampoo for hand washing and things dried quickly if I rolled in a towel for a bit before hanging up. I tried to be conservative about towel usage but they kept bringing fresh ones. Tub kept spotless. Wish I had those stewards at home!