Deposit changes?

BabyMama

I booked a double occupancy cabin about 4 days ago (Freedom, dec3 from Galveston 5 nights). I paid $300 deposit. today I was booking a triple cabin and the deposit went up to $200 per person but on the carnival website, it says for 5 day cruises the deposit is $150 per person. http://https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/481/~/deposit-and-final-payment-requirements

anyone know why this is? Thought id ask here before I call them tomorrow.

I noticed the same thing the other day when I was booking a 5 night out of FLL, however all my rooms are triple as there are 3 of us. I wasn't quite sure and not ready to pull the trigger, so I just put a hold on it. When I went to my cruise booking, the deposit reflected the typical 150 pp which is what I paid.

All of my 5-day cruises have been a $200pp deposit. But it looks to me like this was recently changed to $150. I just now found out about this, thanks to you. If you were booking through a phone rep, maybe they didn't realize that it was changed. If you were booking online, then there are all kinds of problems that are possible. Their booking engine is pretty terrible.

Something is definitely not right.

I just did a mock booking for two people and for three people for your cruise and it came up $150 per person. So there must be a glitch in the website when you were trying to do it. Or if you were booking thru the phone, like the other poster said, maybe they were not aware of the change. Try again tomorrow.

Edited by MszKitty
punctuation