Catholic Church in Quebec City

Franknca

There is one in lower town (Notre Dame) just down the funicular and about 2(?) blocks to the left in a little square.. the oldest church I believe and just simply lovely.. When there are not services it is often open.. There is also one about 3 blocks away in the upper city but can't recall the name...

There is one in lower town (Notre Dame) just down the funicular and about 2(?) blocks to the left in a little square.. the oldest church I believe and just simply lovely.. When there are not services it is often open.. There is also one about 3 blocks away in the upper city but can't recall the name...

Thank you for that information. My wife has mobility problems and can't handle cobblestone - do we have to be concerned about that? I hate to take a taxi for a few blocks but that might be our only solution.

Frank

The streets (unfortunately) in most of the lower town and in the walled upper town may be difficult for her to navigate. I can't remember exactly how rough it was (the cobblestone) to go to Notre Dame but I do also think the area there is pedestrian only. I can't recall seeing any vehicles near the church although there aer certainly carriage rides and tours to see the upper walled city.

Archived