What has happened?

We just got back from a 3 night on the Enchantment. Our last RCCL cruise was on the Brilliance a few years ago and we had a great time. While it wasn't our first time cruising with Royal, we took along three other couples who had never sailed with RCCL before. The ship itself was okay and our room steward was excellent. However, we were appalled at the lack of customer service in the dining room and bars.

One of my main complaints was that every time we went to R Bar to get our favorite drink ONLY available on Royal ships at that specific bar, they either didn't have the stuff to make it or the bartenders working didn't know how to make it. On the last night, one of the female bartenders actually yelled at my husband. I feel that since they've had the drink packages out, the lack of service at the pools is significant. I suppose they feel they don't have to work for their tips anymore? We only saw one person out of all 3 days by the pool coming around to take drink orders.

We also had a bad experience in the dining room. We ate at the steakhouse on nights one and two and had amazing service. We showed up to the main dining room on the last night and the server tried to refuse to allow us to sit at our assigned table because we hadn't been there any other night. The food on this cruise was a HUGE disappointment (aside from the steakhouse) and such a lack of food options compared to other cruises we've taken. Room service was a big disappointment as well.

I'm not one to complain but it seemed it was one thing after another on this ship. We have never had an experience like this before on a cruise. :confused::(