Packing and storing luggage

michigander

I'm going on the Princess Sun in a couple of weeks for an Alaskan cruise. It's my first cruise. How much luggage can I take? Where do I store it? Is there an advantage to taking duffle bags instead of a large suitcase?

Welcome to Princess. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] The cruiseline does not limit your amt of luggage. There is ample storage in your cabin, Under the bed or in the closet. If you are flying in, you will be limited to weight of luggage. Have a great cruise.

Sue
7 days on Star Princess 10/24

Ok, generally 3 pieces per person is as much as you can/should take. You normally store your bags under your bed but if they won't go the cabin steward can store them for you. We like to have one bag we use as a hamper so perhaps your having duffels rather than a big case that may be hard to get out from under the bed in tight quaters would be good.

Remember it is not only a matter of what you can bring, it is a matter of what you can store. 2 people, 7 days, 2 outfits a day, 28 outfits plus shoes and outdoor wear. If you bring your whole closet it won't fit in the one designed for a weeks stay.

One open Princess booking
[B]<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02
Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95
[B]<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04
Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02[B]<FONT color=red>
West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>[/B]
Ecstacy 09/01
[B]<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 12/97
[B]<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 9/96

Check with your airline as how many and how big. Also weight. Remember to layer your clothing in Alsaka as it could be cold or warm. Standing on a gaint ice cube is also cool two ways, one is fun the other is cold.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03
Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03
Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

As noted above, you can check out luggage limitations with airlines for exact details. However, after traveling several years and having been on 4 cruises we now prefer to travel light. No one else on that ship will know what you wore on prior days. We now wear clothes twice while on trips which cuts packing in half. We also wear the same formal clohtes both nights if you have 2 formal nights. It certainly makes traveling easier. Have a great time.....wish we were going!

Really deep suitcases will not fit under the bed but that is probably not a huge deal. My friend's suitcase initially appeared to be too deep but then we just lifted up the bed and if fit perfectly.

As for the hamper situation, I would recommend re-hanging or folding your clothes so that they air out a little. I saved a small drawer in the desk for things like socks and unmentionables.

Here's to stench free travel!

Ooh, another great thing is that if you have something that might smell a little, either throw it on the balcony (if you have one) or hang it in the bathroom.

I was on the Dawn (a sun class ship).

Archived