I'm an Aft Man!!! Fascination

All American 6

IMG_5327_zpsurtwbmne.jpg

Just got off the Fascination today. Had a great 5 day cruise. Wife and I took our only daughter on college spring break. There were 1600 college kids on this cruise. 200 parents. 400 other.

Embarkation: We did NOT have FTTF. When I arrived at 11:30, the line was out of the building. The line went thru very quickly. I don’t think I was in line much over 30 minutes.

The room, U230 Aft Extended Balcony, was clean. The curtains did have several holes from cigarettes. This was our first balcony, and we really used it.

IMG_5241_zpsopgmu2kl.jpg

IMG_5242_zpssrsr34xc.jpg

IMG_5283_zpsldcr4fm8.jpg

IMG_5243_zpsiqikb4xr.jpg

IMG_5244_zps8rxj9pbk.jpg

We enjoyed our traditional dinning at 6PM. I will not be interested in any cruise that has the “American Table.” Playing dress up and eating the formal meal is what we like about cruising.

The Lido buffet had good food too. I like the deli wrap for lunch.

Our stop at Half Moon Cay was canceled due to winds. We did have stops at Nassau and Freeport. All we did was some quick shopping.

The ship was clean and in good repair. One atrium elevator was broken he entire trip.

There were no issues with unruly spring breakers (although, they were everywhere!) The first day any spot on any deck had a kid lying out (it was real, real windy too). All the chairs were taken early and everyone else was on a towel. Any nook and cranny deck spot had a kid. I was very surprised to see almost all the kids dressed nicely for dinner. On elegant night many had on a jacket. Most girls were in a cocktail type of dress every night.

We had a very positive experience. I just wanted to share some pics.

What I didn't realize is the aft cabins balconies on the Empress Deck stick out several feet over the Upper Deck aft balconies. You'll get no sun on the Upper Deck aft balconies.

IMG_5270_zps1c9udjp0.jpg

There are no issues with the rooms. It is very quiet in the aft. It's easy to get around the ship.

Thank you for your photos and review! We're booked in an aft balcony on Fascination from SJU. Did you hear the "sound" I've seen described on another thread? People described it as a ship's horn sound. I'll see if I can find the link to that thread.

ETA: Here's the thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289707

I noticed from photos and the cabin descriptions that Fantasy-class aft balconies do not have sofas. Does the cabin feel too small for a sofa? I've seen photos of the two center afts and they seem to be a bit bigger, still no sofa but I'm hoping there will be a few extra square feet to spread out.

LOVE the photo of the wake. We've found that we prefer being aftwards, but this will be our first true aft cabin.

How was Serenity?

Edited by undercat

I did read that thread. I heard the sound for very short time. A horn describes it well.

We were in the center aft. Of the 12 aft balcony cabins, only 4 have the pullman bed for a 3rd person.

There is no room for a sofa. There is barely room to walk around the beds put together. At the foot of the bed there is only room for one person to walk thru. On the sides of the bed you can step by someone standing. It's tight.

Don't worry about the sofa. Just get out on the balcony.

The Serenity had nicer lounge chairs. That area was almost always at capacity. Spring break had much to do with that.

IMG_5327_zpsurtwbmne.jpg

Just got off the Fascination today. Had a great 5 day cruise. Wife and I took our only daughter on college spring break. There were 1600 college kids on this cruise. 200 parents. 400 other.

Embarkation: We did NOT have FTTF. When I arrived at 11:30, the line was out of the building. The line went thru very quickly. I don’t think I was in line much over 30 minutes.

The room, U230 Aft Extended Balcony, was clean. The curtains did have several holes from cigarettes. This was our first balcony, and we really used it.

IMG_5241_zpsopgmu2kl.jpg

IMG_5242_zpssrsr34xc.jpg

IMG_5283_zpsldcr4fm8.jpg

IMG_5243_zpsiqikb4xr.jpg

IMG_5244_zps8rxj9pbk.jpg

We enjoyed our traditional dinning at 6PM. I will not be interested in any cruise that has the “American Table.” Playing dress up and eating the formal meal is what we like about cruising.

The Lido buffet had good food too. I like the deli wrap for lunch.

Our stop at Half Moon Cay was canceled due to winds. We did have stops at Nassau and Freeport. All we did was some quick shopping.

The ship was clean and in good repair. One atrium elevator was broken he entire trip.

There were no issues with unruly spring breakers (although, they were everywhere!) The first day any spot on any deck had a kid lying out (it was real, real windy too). All the chairs were taken early and everyone else was on a towel. Any nook and cranny deck spot had a kid. I was very surprised to see almost all the kids dressed nicely for dinner. On elegant night many had on a jacket. Most girls were in a cocktail type of dress every night.

We had a very positive experience. I just wanted to share some pics.

All of your photos are stunning ! 👍

I did read that thread. I heard the sound for very short time. A horn describes it well.

We were in the center aft. Of the 12 aft balcony cabins, only 4 have the pullman bed for a 3rd person.

There is no room for a sofa. There is barely room to walk around the beds put together. At the foot of the bed there is only room for one person to walk thru. On the sides of the bed you can step by someone standing. It's tight.

Don't worry about the sofa. Just get out on the balcony.

The Serenity had nicer lounge chairs. That area was almost always at capacity. Spring break had much to do with that.

Thank you! We're booked one deck up on Empress. Looking forward to that big balcony for sure!