Easter Sunday

tammi67

We will be arriving in GC on Easter Sunday, and I would love to attend Mass at St. Ignatius, then maybe have brunch somewhere and spend the rest of the afternoon at a beach. I'm looking at Agua or Grand Old House for brunch. I feel a bit out of my element trying to do all this by way of a taxi. I know it won't be difficult getting a cab from the ship, but how hard will it be to get one from church to a restaurant and then to the beach/back to the ship? Please give me any advice you can on how to plan all of this. Oh, and we are going to need a beach that has changing facilities. Thanks!

Edited by tammi67

Easter is a MAJOR holiday in Cayman. The Easter weekend, from Good Friday through to Easter Monday is comparable in importance to Thanksgiving in the US. MANY businesses will be closed, but many restaurants will have special Easter meals.

Saint Ignatius Catholic Church, located at 597 Walkers Rd is the only Catholic Church in George Town. They typically have Sunday Mass at 8:00am, 11:30am, or 6:00pm. Not sure if they will have extras services on Easter Sunday.

If you are arriving on the Disney ship (scheduled 7am arrival) then perhaps you could make the 8am mass. That could work with a brunch at either Agua or Grand Old House. Reservations are highly recommended. Just call a taxi from the church at the end of mass.

If you are on the MSC Opera its later arrival means you would be limited to the 11:30am mass. That makes you too late for brunch, but a later lunch might work.

Again you will need to call for a taxi from Grand Old House to take you to the beach. Agua is MUCH closer to the beach, within walking distance to Royal Palms (which would have a restroom suitable for changing).

Taxi or bus back to the port from any major beach stop shouldn't be too hard. But there might be many fewer taxis or buses on the road on Easter Sunday.