Anthing I have forgotten?

Truebliss72

What are the lanyards for?

You wear them around your neck and attach your cruise card to it. When you order a drink or whatever, you simply clip the card off the lanyard and hand it to the steward.

I have been out and about this week trying to get everything we need for our cruise in 23 days time. It is costing me more money than on the ship..lol.. I want to be very organised ahead of time.

My kids have assignments and testing they are having to have done early. Our daughter in Yr 10 finishes school on Nov 25th so she will only return to school for 3 days. Our middle daugter finishes on the 2nd of Dec but you know what....she has her Yr 6 camp on the 24th of Nov so she will come home the 21st and have to repack for a 2 day camp. What a lucky girl. She has the best life I reckon. She had 5 days at our church christian campin the holidays on the Sunshine coast and last weekend she went to Toowoomba on a Girls Brigade camp. I want her life...lol...

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed to the wonderful ideas and posts. I def agree we will need our passports etc. Does anyone have anything special they carry all the travel papers in ?

I have the febreeze,torch,power board,air freshener already as well. I will not be taking towels as with 5 of us It will take to much luggage. I need to remember to get an underwater camera or 2 as well. The chemist had them for $15 but thought I read somewhere they were cheaper in Big W. I feel I have been in the stores all week..lol

Am tired now..but very excited and nervous all rolled into one!

Yes, but just think, you then have it all for the next trip. I seemed to spend heaps the first time, but now just have it all handy for the next times.

Very handy indeed! Thanks Kerri. Do all you experienced cruisers think it's worth taking binoculars:confused: ?

We always take a small pair, especially for my mum who doesn't go ashore at the islands anymore and likes to have a sticky through them. :)

Just remember to take them up on deck with you. From experience it is a long way back to the cabin to 'get them in a hurry'. Usually by the time you get back you don't need them. The same goes for cameras too.:o

Oh how true Rockie. I lived with 2 cameras and video camera around my neck or on my wrist the whole time in the end because it is a bloody long way to go back and by the time you get back you've often missed the moment:D

kerri

Have been wondering this for a while: Does the ship provide a hole-punch or some method of punching a hole in the cruise card (to attach it to the lanyard), or do we have to hack away at it with a knife ourselves?

I can just see 1000 people frantically stabbing it with a steak knife at dinner!

Have been wondering this for a while: Does the ship provide a hole-punch or some method of punching a hole in the cruise card (to attach it to the lanyard), or do we have to hack away at it with a knife ourselves?

I can just see 1000 people frantically stabbing it with a steak knife at dinner!

The card comes with a hole already punched in it!

The card comes with a hole already punched in it!

My cruise cards are not punched. I personally don't like have my card hanging around my neck. Can be a pain sometimes looking for it in my bag though!! Although Nan always has hers around her neck and sometimes can't find it!

They have a hole punch at the Purser's desk and will happily punch it for you. They usually also have a punch at the shops. Most people like to punch their cabin keys as well and over time I am sure that all of the keys will already have holes in them. If not you can get them punched no problem!!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Archived