TP - Independent Tour with Captain Heifa(sp)

cgleaton

I read somewhere on the Princess thread about a tour on one of the islands with Captain Heifa (not sure of the spelling). It's a water tour and he takes you to see the whales - amoung other things. Does any one have any info about him - island, email, website address, etc????

Thanks for any info!!

181 days and a wake-up til we leave!!

Skicruiser,

The tour is thru Moorea Boat Tours.Here's the website: [email]mooreaboattours@mail.pf[/email]
I received a response from them this week, I'm looking to book a tour 9/3/04. They told me is a private tour priced as a rental of the boat with your own captain for 60,000CFP. Thus the price per person depends on the number of guests in your group.this the price for the boat rental with captain is 66,000CPF. The price per person if you have 8 passengers is 7500CPF. The wording of the response indicated to me if I reserved, I was reserving the entire boat and would be responsible for findings others to also book to try to get the price per person lowered.
The tour is 8:30-2:30 and sounds great for 7500 CPF per person. Lunch is a seperate charge. I tried to copy the e-mail in this note, without sucess. Hers is the info I copied from NY LADY's post that is consistent with the info I received this week:
Visit Moorea’s famous Cook’s and Opunohu Bays and discover the history and legends that belong to them; Swim with stingrays in waist-deep water; Snorkel amongst black-tip and grey reef sharks and explore the beauty of the barrier reef shelf; Uncover the mystery of the underwater gallery, with its majestic “Tikis”....on occasion, meet a moray eel and/or a barracuda; Encounter Moorea’s resident population of free-ranging spinner dolphins in the natural passes of the barrier reef; During our winter season, through the months of July – November, encounter humpback whales who migrate to our warmer waters from Antarctica to mate and give birth to their young. Upon “invitation” and depending on ocean conditions, we may be able to swim with these gentle giants...an unforgettable experience of a life-time! Relax on the white-sand beach of a private “motu” (islet), where you may get a taste of local, tahitian-french cuisine at restaurant “La Plage”.

Please remember that wherever we take you and whatever we share with you, we aim to stay away from other companies and the crowds they bring with them....so our itinerary is never fixed....we simply “go with the flow”!

During our private tour, we welcome you aboard “Tohora iti”, littlest whale, nicknamed after our daughter, Leihala. It is a 27 foot speed boat with a 150hp outboard engine. It is covered with a canopy for shade, and equipped with cushioned seating for your comfort. We also provide complimentary fresh fruits, juice, and bottled water on board.
Hope this is what you were looking for. The boards have been very helpful for me and I hope I can contribute to others as well.

Paula

Paula:

Thanks so much for the info. I will try to get a cc group together but have not had much success, but still have six months til we leave on 11/3/04. Have about 10 so far but most say they will probably scuba dive on most of the islands. We are spending two nights pre-cruise on Moorea so maybe we can get on this tour from the hotel and won't have to worry about putting a group together.

Thanks again!!!

Cheryl

Archived