Athens Departure Question

Another option is to check-in and board and then do a little more sightseeing.

From Carnival:

Guests wishing to sightsee after boarding the ship on embarkation day

After checking in and boarding the ship, if a guest wishes to disembark the ship to sightsee at the home port, they may do so as long as they return at least 30 minutes prior to ship departure. They will need to carry with them the following:

Travel documents including photo ID

Sail & Sign card

Check-In Boarding Pass

Embarkation is from 12 noon to 4pm. After that, if you're not in the building, there is a good chance you're not going to board. I'm planning on getting there no later than 2:30pm as we have a morning tour of Athens

Each company tells when the embarkation is, but we had this a lot of times, that we came later than this and had no problems to get on board, there often were dozens of other people also coming later! (not on Carnival, but MSC, NCL, RCCL etc.)

Edited by conny111

What time is everyone getting to the Port in Athens for their 7 PM Departure?:D

Getting there by 4 PM a good idea? Does that leave enough time?

We are also planning to get there at 12 or earlier as necessary to board early. We always do when we cruise. As there is only one sea day, I will treat this as our 2nd Sea Day, getting to know the ship and try the amenities

Hi, I'm interested in a morning Athens tour. Can you share any details about your morning tour? Also, any suggestions for a Hotel stay the night before cruise sails?? Thank you, retTXed

Edited by retTXed
Meant to say morning tour NOT cruise

Hi, I'm interested in a morning Athens tour. Can you share any details about your morning tour? Also, any suggestions for a Hotel stay the night before cruise sails?? Thank you, retTXed

We decided to stay at the Parthenon Hotel near the sites - good reviews and they could do a room for 3 adults. We went with Key Tours (http://www.keytours.gr) for sightseeing. The day before departure we're doing a day trip to Delphi, and departure day we're doing a half day city tour that also drops us and our luggage off at the ship. Key Tours was a few blocks from our hotel making it nicer.

We are also doing a half day tour of Athens but on Monday. I found it on Expedia and it is through Key Tours also! Since you are being dropped off at the ship I guess we should have booked a Tuesday rather than our Monday date! We will probably use that Tuesday morning to do a quick run through of the Acropolis Museum since they are closed that Monday (Archeological sights are open even with the Holiday). We will have to find our own transportation to the ship though...

We decided to stay at the Parthenon Hotel near the sites - good reviews and they could do a room for 3 adults. We went with Key Tours (http://www.keytours.gr) for sightseeing. The day before departure we're doing a day trip to Delphi, and departure day we're doing a half day city tour that also drops us and our luggage off at the ship. Key Tours was a few blocks from our hotel making it nicer.

Do you know the name of the half day city tour with drop off at the ship?

Do you know the name of the half day city tour with drop off at the ship?

The listed tour was the Athens Half day tour, and since Key tour also does transportation, I asked them to combine the two for me, which they did. So, you won't find the tour with ship transport on their website. If you email them they are very quick to respond and help - at least for me.