Silhouette Gym

DancerOT

Silly has an absolutely beautiful, spotlessly clean, nicely equipped gym with incredible views. (as do all of the S class ships) :D

There are about a dozen or more weight machines in two rows along the front (nearly) floor to ceiling windows. Leg curl, extension, and press machines. Bicep, tricep, row, pull down, butterfly, overhead press and chest press.

There are also multiple benches, weight bars, and free weights along with LOTS of treadmills and ellipticals. Classes and personal trainers are available too.

The only thing I miss is a good stair climber, but you should be able to keep busy! Enjoy...;)

Thank you! Do you know if there are kettlebells, medicine balls, sandbells, bosu balls, etc? I tend not to be a machines girl but more the freestyle weight/strength stuff...mostly as that is the stuff utilized in my classes at home.

Thank you! Do you know if there are kettlebells, medicine balls, sandbells, bosu balls, etc? I tend not to be a machines girl but more the freestyle weight/strength stuff...mostly as that is the stuff utilized in my classes at home.

Definitely free weights, but don't recall ever seeing kettlebells or medicine balls on any ship.

Thank you! I have seen some medicine balls and such on Carnival cruises and was hoping for the same on Celebrity - I have recently amped up my strength training and was hoping to continue. I bring my own cardio equipment so that will just suffice for this trip.

No kettle bells that I can recall. The only plate type of free weight workout will be with a Smith-type or self spotting machine and dumbbells do go up to a pretty high weight (unlike some racks that stop at 50lbs). I am assuming they do not want people throwing/slamming around weights and it makes sense.

One nice thing is that for both my cruise on Silhouette and Reflection there never was that much activity in the weight area. Most people were just using the cardio equipment.