Getaway or Escape for Family?

thedoc29ca

Thanks in advance for the input and advice.

We are a family of four - wife (40), two boys (14,12) and myself (41).

Looking for input and advice choosing between the Escape and Getaway for March of 2017.

Getaway Pros/Cons

PROS -New ports for us include Roatan and new Harvest Caye

-Familiarity - been on three time previous so no need to rush around for shows we have seen before - only Million Dollar Quartet will be new.

CONS - Sunday to Sunday - need to work Monday

-familiarity - ropes and water slides are not new

Escape Pros/Cons

Pros - new to us ship - entertainment and amenities (ropes and slides) slightly different.

Cons - same ports - with the exception of Tortola we have been to St. Thomas and Nassau - five times

Looking for any insights into ports, entertainment and activities when comparing the two ships. I'd also like confirmation that Escape has a rock wall.

Thanks again,

John

I was just looking into March 2017 also for our family... we sailed the escape over thanksgiving and it was great. No rock wall but lots to do. Also considering RCI since prices are good for Allure and Navigator during our spring break week 2017, we aren't loyal to one line so not sure if that's an option for you.

When you were on the Escape did you notice if it had the Climbing and trampoline activities for kids?

We were on in February, no rock wall and no trampoline. BTW if your thinking of RCCL, maybe try one of the Oasis class ships? I think there is way more to do on them than the Escape/Getaway, especially for your kids. My kids enjoyed the Allure a lot more than the Escape.

Edited by Biz64

When you were on the Escape did you notice if it had the Climbing and trampoline activities for kids?

No but there is an awesome ropes course... my 6 year old was too short to do it but there was a smaller course for her which she actually loved. Just that and the slides, the splash park and the kids pool... it was enough for my girls, my 6 year old loved the slides, she had only been on RCI prior so it was her first time with the slides. My review is in my signature with lots of pictures... check it out. :)