Getaway - three kids in a room?

zelticgar

First post! woot! woot!

My family is traveling on the Getaway on 4/17. We booked two rooms - a balcony and an inside cabin direct through Norwegian. The cruise consultant told me having my kids stay in the inside cabin on their own was not a problem. They are 13, 12 and 10 and have slept in their own cabins on cruises before.

Norwegian did list my wife on the inside room and I am on the Balcony room. I asked him at the time whether there would be any problems with the kids staying in the room and he told me no. We cruised on RCCL last year and the kids stayed across the hall from us and it was not a problem. I just wanted to double check to see if anyone thought I might run into problems? I saw some documents that people posted with the dailies that states all rooms need someone over 21 years of age. I’ve asked the rep multiple times directly about this and he assures me it wont be a problem. Anyone have experience with this? I dont want to get there and find out one of us needs to stay with the kids.

Also, the layout of the Getaway is a little different from the RCCL ships we have been on. The kids will be right across from us but the entrance to the inside cabins are around the corner so their door will be a little farther away. Anyone had this set up before? It looks really close on the deck plan but I know the ship is bigger than others we have sailed.

Happy 1st post! :D

While I don't really have an answer for you, I hope you will get some good replies shortly! We are on the Getaway in Oct, but my kiddos will be in the same cabin, which is fine with us. I do hope that this will work out for you! Seems to me it may, but I have heard of the "under 21 rules" so let's wait and see if you get some info from those who have experienced this soon. :)

As pp indicated, it may look close by, but the insides have their own hall, whose entrance may or may not be near your room depending on location. In any event, you will not be able to monitor the kids room at all from your location.

I would try adjoining balconies or insides. Another option, the family OV rooms are really large and comfortable. It would be five of you, but I would rather that than having the kids basically around the corner.

I dont want to give away my exact room but we are basically set up on a floor very similar to the way rooms 11108 and 11401 are laid out. I know the rooms are set up differently with the doors on the interior hallway but it still seems like we are still pretty close.

Got it. Appreciate the context on the layout.

I'm less concerned about monitoring the kids than I am about someone from NCL telling me they cant stay in the room without a parent. I'll keep a close eye on them even if it means walking over to check on them multiple times.

I spoke with the rep from NCL about it multiple times when I booked and he assured me it would not be a problem. If he had told me it was a problem i would have booked a bigger room or adjoining balcony.

I dont want to give away my exact room but we are basically set up on a floor very similar to the way rooms 11108 and 11401 are laid out. I know the rooms are set up differently with the doors on the interior hallway but it still seems like we are still pretty close.

I know these are not your exact rooms, but you need to understand the entrance to the hallway leading to 11401 is across from 11124. You would be quite far away from your kids in this scenario.

Got it. Appreciate the context on the layout.

I'm less concerned about monitoring the kids than I am about someone from NCL telling me they cant stay in the room without a parent. I'll keep a close eye on them even if it means walking over to check on them multiple times.

I spoke with the rep from NCL about it multiple times when I booked and he assured me it would not be a problem. If he had told me it was a problem i would have booked a bigger room or adjoining balcony.

They aren't going to monitor who sleeps where, so the real question is will you be able to get key cards for each others rooms. I doubt it would be a problem, but I don't have personal experience with it.

We were on the Gem 2 years ago, and originally booked OV for us and inside across from us for our 3 kids. My sister and brother in law had OV next to us, with her 3 kids across, too. (deck 5) A week before the cruise, both OV's were upgraded to a balcony (free!) . The four adults were then up on deck 10, while the kids remained on deck 5. There was no problems or issues whatsoever. They were a little older than yours, but not yet 21. One room was 16, 18, & 20. The other was 14, 15 & 17. I wouldn't worry about it.

We are on the same cruise as you! 17 days, can't wait!

We were on the Getaway last August and booked a balcony with my husband and two boys and an inside with me and my daughter. When we got onboard, we went to guest services and got an extra room key for me for the balcony room and 2 extra room keys for the inside. I slept in the balcony with husband and youngest son and older son and daughter slept in the inside. The cabin steward was fine with it and she would tell me how well behaved they were (they were 17 and 14).

This time we have an extra kid with us, so I booked husband and two boys in one room and me and the two girls in another. The older kids will have one room and I will be with husband and boys.

See you on board!

We are on the same cruise as you! 17 days, can't wait!

We were on the Getaway last August and booked a balcony with my husband and two boys and an inside with me and my daughter. When we got onboard, we went to guest services and got an extra room key for me for the balcony room and 2 extra room keys for the inside. I slept in the balcony with husband and youngest son and older son and daughter slept in the inside. The cabin steward was fine with it and she would tell me how well behaved they were (they were 17 and 14).

This time we have an extra kid with us, so I booked husband and two boys in one room and me and the two girls in another. The older kids will have one room and I will be with husband and boys.

See you on board!

Awesome, that puts me at ease! Glad I asked the question because I would never have thought to get extra room keys. Can't wait for vacation to get here!

Hi! I don't have an answer since this time we are only bringing 2 of our 3 kids but we are on the same sailing as you and I have an 11 and an 8 year old! Can't wait! Happy Cruising!

Thanks! We are in the two week countdown mode now. The kids grow so quickly we have held off buying them summer clothes for the trip until now. Spending the weekend getting them bathing suits, shorts and sandals so they are ready.

Hi! I don't have an answer since this time we are only bringing 2 of our 3 kids but we are on the same sailing as you and I have an 11 and an 8 year old! Can't wait! Happy Cruising!

So we also will be on this sailing with OP and Momto2! We will have a 4 and 10 year old with us on deck 10;) maybe we will see u all at the meet and greet. Happy sailing.