Norwegian Dawn with KIDS?

Bobgaffney

Isn't that funny when the kids start getting to cool to

'play'. I probably would have loved a kids program when I was 9/10 yr old. (sigh) Well, my son is a water bug so the pool will be where he spends a majority of his time. We plan to travel while most other kids are in school so I'm wondering if the kid count will be really low and if so...do the Kids Crew activities still run as normal? I've seen different views on this..

Anyone?

Isn't that funny when the kids start getting to cool to

'play'. I probably would have loved a kids program when I was 9/10 yr old. (sigh) Well, my son is a water bug so the pool will be where he spends a majority of his time. We plan to travel while most other kids are in school so I'm wondering if the kid count will be really low and if so...do the Kids Crew activities still run as normal? I've seen different views on this..

Anyone?

p/s Sorry GlamourGAL..I referred to you as GlamourGIRL earlier.Oops.

They always have kids club on the Dawn. They have more counselors when they have more kids on board. Keep in mind the program is closed when the ship is at a port and also closes for lunch and dinner breaks, so there are times when you can't drop your kid there. Also, some of the activities are family activities which require your participation.

I'll have my ten yr old son with me and I'm wondering if he'll think the Kids crew is 'cool' enough for him. (He's very sophisticated, you know!..lol) We mainly hang out together as a family too but I'm hoping he'll find a buddy. That will just make his vacation a bit more fun.

I'm mulling over inviting one of his cousins to keep him company. Not sure I want to deal with that though. Any comments on the Kids Crew for a ten yr old?

My 10.5 yr old son stopped going to kids crew at age 8, but that was because they put the 6-9 year olds all in one group. 6 too young and not enough 8-9 yr olds for him. But, if the kids don't go, it's hard for them to meet others who are their ages, so it's a bit of a catch-22. this December will be the first time that he'll be able to go into the 10-12 group, so maybe he'll try. That also means that I can't tell you what activities they have, but I do know that they don't meet in the T-rex kids center at that age, but instead have their own spot to meet.

An aside... about the comment about a floating day care center. OOOH boy, talk about lighting a match under dry tinder. (I am fighting the urge to remark that we have been on some cruise lines that are floating nursing homes, but why start trouble, especially when those cruises were on the dear departed Vistafjord/Caronia and were 4 of the best cruises we have ever had, bar none, and even our then-4-8 year old son agrees). There will be kids on the dawn. There will be older folks on the Dawn and there will be every age, color, stripe, persuasion and personality on the Dawn. If that's not for you, choose a cruise that caters specifically only to your demographic preference. Not every parent will keep their kids pleasant to be around (not every parent or passenger will be pleasant to be around either) and if you don't want your vacation (on which you spent your hard earned money) to be unpleasant by your standards, may I suggest you try Wind Star (almost never has kids) or something similar.

Sorry..got off track. Anyway, bringing the cousin might be a really nice idea, especially if the kids really get along well. Wish I had one my son's age to bring.

I think my son would definitely NOT go for the Kids Crew if they met and hung around the T-Rex area. If they gather the kids together in a seperate area that seems more age appropriate then I think he may TRY it. That's a start!

Also, as far as bringing a cousin..you can't beat the costs involved with that right now (or maybe always on NCL?) because for the 3/4 person for sailings in Jan, you only pay the tax. We were joking that my son, cruising for around $200.00 may put them out of business! He's got quite the appetite for a growing boy (almost 5' tall and 145 lbs at 9 1/2!)

Let us know how the Kids Crew works out when you get back. I would love to hear about it before our trip.

Archived