Special service

mufi

A previous poster mentioned the superior treatment by staff of passengers in Q and P grades in the general areas of the ship. So if I book in to these grades can I expect this to happen to me. Have passengers in Q and P noticed this happened to them outside the exclusive areas.

David.

We were in a P1 in Apr 05.

The only preferential treatment we know we got was at check in when we went to a shorter and hence faster queue to sign in. We were then called to board as one of the first groups.

After that we didn't get preferential service as far as we are aware. We could use the Queens Lounge and the consierge lounge but everywhere else we were just like other passengers. Indeed we didn't have badges and we only showed our id card when paying for anything so staff wouldn't know about our category.

I look forward to seeing other postings to find out what we missed !

Mufi

I travelled on a back to back translantic in may 05 and can confirm what iceman says. I was P1 on way to to NY and balcony cabin on way back so have good perspective. In princess grill your wait staff are more attentive as they are serving less tables than they do in brittania, and access to queens bar for pre dinner drink is nice, also dinner from 7 - 9 is very convenient - no rushing.

On the rest of the ship everyone is equal as staff have no idea what room you are in. I guess when they swipe your room key to charge you for drinks etc they know, but I certainly didn't notice any difference in service. Fundamentally I found the service to be very good in all areas.

I agree with cunardcruiser.

The wait staff in Princess Grill were excellent. We always had two waiters at a table for two plus the sommelier and the attention of the maitre'd. They never rushed us and were able and happy to chat to us when collecting/delivering plates. One waiter even gave my wife some stugeron for sea sickness.

The staff in Quens Grill Lounge were first rate as well (some were our grill waiters). The staff in the consierge lounge were always happy to help with even the smallest query.

Our steward (Roger) was also excellent.

Mufi

I travelled on a back to back translantic in may 05 and can confirm what iceman says. I was P1 on way to to NY and balcony cabin on way back so have good perspective. In princess grill your wait staff are more attentive as they are serving less tables than they do in brittania, and access to queens bar for pre dinner drink is nice, also dinner from 7 - 9 is very convenient - no rushing.

On the rest of the ship everyone is equal as staff have no idea what room you are in. I guess when they swipe your room key to charge you for drinks etc they know, but I certainly didn't notice any difference in service. Fundamentally I found the service to be very good in all areas.

The service from the wait staff in both the restaurant and the bars was generally very good. Only one incident that I can recall which I shall talk about in my report. It isn't necessarily the wait staff and the cabin stewards/esses that are the problem. We found it to be the office staff (for want of a better word)!! Our waiters on all occasions were very good and we were quite upset for out transatlantic back that we were getting some different guys, but they had been well briefed by our previous waiters and quickly adapted to us and our likes and dislikes. We had the same cabin steward for all three trips. Did what he had to. Our childrens cabin steward though made coming back from dinner a lot more entertaining and the kids thought he was cool!! He too changed for the last leg of our trip much to the kids disappointment!! Of course in a lot of the areas on the ship the grill passengers shared the same facilites as us down in the lower decks!! We all mingled together and no one knew who was from where!! Did find the grill bathing area and thought it rather strange that we were able to all look over into their bathing area and watch them!! Personally for the money they pay for those cabins you would think they would have a bit more privacy!!

Elaine

Archived