Submitting Vacation Protection Claim

violetsmile

I'm working on submitting my claim for vacation protection from the delayed arrival into port on the Valor last Saturday. I've never done a travel insurance claim before because I've never needed to.

One of the pieces is submitting either receipts or credit card statements for incurred costs. I don't have receipts for everything, so I need to do credit card statement (we used room service for a meal at the hotel, and didn't get a receipt, nor did it show on the hotel bill, but I'm 100% sure that's what the charge is). However, I feel like the rest of the charges on my statement, as well my balance/credit limit, are none of their business. Is is ok to white out/cover the other charges? The company already told me the process averages about three weeks, so I don't really want to do anything to cause further delays in getting reimbursed, but I feel weird letting them into the details of my life that have nothing to do with the insurance claim. Anyone have any experience with this?

ETA: This is specifically the Carnival Vacation Protection plan, if that's relevant.

Edited by violetsmile

the hotel should be able to email you a statement. If you're a member of their loyalty program, you can usually print it yourself.

If all else fails, definitely white out your account numbers and other charges. I find it best to use a black sharpie and then copy it so you can't see the numbers. All they need to see is your name and the charge.