Triumph 6/16 Need hotel advice

my2kids

We are sailing out on June 16 on the Triumph out of New Orleans. We need some hotel advice. I know parking is on Erato at 18 bucks per day. Is there any hotels that have cruise and stay parking available. We would like to go down on the 15th and stay in the french quarter to take the kids. Just unsure if there is a better option than paying for a night in the french qtr along with paying for parking that night and then paying for parking for 4 nights as well:eek:

We live in NOLA and are on the same Triumph sailing you are and frankly this cruise cannot come quick enough!

There are many hotel options for you very close to the Port. The Hilton Riverside has a cruise rate that features reduced parking ($16.00 per day). You have to show your cruise docs on check-in to secure the rate. The Marriott and the Hyatt across from the Convention Center are close to the Port as well. Check those out as well. Some say you can walk to the Port from these hotels however, I would not, especially if you are juggling luggage.

If you want to stay right in the French Quarter I suggest looking at The Omni Royal Orleans which is located almost dead center in the Quarter on Royal and St. Louis Also check out The Monteleone on Royal Street (make sure you take a spin on their world famous Carousel Bar) The Courtyard on Iberville (which connects to the Ritz Carlton) The Hotel Mazarin on Bienville (and 1/2 a block off Bourbon Street) and the Royal Sonesta (right on Bourbon Street) are some other fine choices as well. It all depends on what you are looking for in accommodations. Do you want something that is upscale or old New Orleans style or something modern? There are many, many choices to pick from. Just know that parking in the area is spendy and is going to cost you a bit. Hope that helps...

Mike