Last Minute Pride Questions

kako14

We are on the Apr. 15 of the Pride in 1-week (can't believe it - and I'm glad its fixed!!) and I have a few questions, mostly related to kid things for anyone that can help out.

- Any reviews or tips on the kids club, specifically for a 2 and 5 year old? Anything they should bring (or not bring)? I chose a Carnival cruise specifically for this kids club so I want to make sure that my kids enjoy it and I can get some free time to relax!

- I'm torn on bringing a small / lightweight stroller / double stroller / no stroller. We will be in Baltimore going around the Inner Harbor the day before the embarkation so probably will need the stroller for that, but I can leave it in the car when we board. My 2-year old is not typically a stroller child, she likes to walk with her big brother. In port, we are going to walk or take a cab to the free beaches - do you think I need a stroller for that? Might make it easier I guess....

- Any tips or ideas on the ports (we go to Nassau, HMC, and Grand Turk) for the kids. Things like local playgrounds, cool stores / restaurants, or anything else you can think of that the kids would get a kick out of? I'm especially wondering in case its rainy or cloudy and we can't do the beach like I'm planning.

Thanks so much for all of your help!

We were on the Pride in September and will be on your sailing as well. Our 4 year old did the camp several times each day. He loved going and we loved having time away from him.

My son isn't big on the stroller except for when we cruise. We would use it in port. It gets to be too much walking for him when it is hot and carrying him isn't an option.

We are on the Apr. 15 of the Pride in 1-week (can't believe it - and I'm glad its fixed!!) and I have a few questions, mostly related to kid things for anyone that can help out.

- Any reviews or tips on the kids club, specifically for a 2 and 5 year old? Anything they should bring (or not bring)? I chose a Carnival cruise specifically for this kids club so I want to make sure that my kids enjoy it and I can get some free time to relax!

- I'm torn on bringing a small / lightweight stroller / double stroller / no stroller. We will be in Baltimore going around the Inner Harbor the day before the embarkation so probably will need the stroller for that, but I can leave it in the car when we board. My 2-year old is not typically a stroller child, she likes to walk with her big brother. In port, we are going to walk or take a cab to the free beaches - do you think I need a stroller for that? Might make it easier I guess....

- Any tips or ideas on the ports (we go to Nassau, HMC, and Grand Turk) for the kids. Things like local playgrounds, cool stores / restaurants, or anything else you can think of that the kids would get a kick out of? I'm especially wondering in case its rainy or cloudy and we can't do the beach like I'm planning.

Would love to hear a review from you as we will be traveling on the pride with a two yr old and seven yr old as well!! Thanks and happy sailing!!

Took a 5 year old on a cruise a year ago. She LOVED the carnival kids club, wasn't the pride but they are all similar. She kept asking when she could go back everytime we got her. I was really surprised how much she liked it because I was worried she was going to be bored, but she enjoyed the cruise because of the kids club.

For HMC it's really all just an open beach so that was nice. All she did was dig in the sand and build sandcastles almost the whole time. I would bet you already have it, but if not I would buy some cheapo sand playkit.

Just a stroller tip- we have the britax b agile and it did not fit through the cabin door. Not a big deal we just took our daughter out and folded up before bringing into the cabin- but if your lo falls asleep in a stroller and you want to extend the nap you can't get back into the cabin

we just got back from the Pride with a 2 and almost 4 year old. Camp was great!! Both kids loved it and our son (almost 4) kept asking us to bring him to camp. Our daughter did great the first couple days, but then she would scream when we dropped her off. She was overly tired I think. We waited a few minutes outside the room to make sure she quieted down. When we'd return a few hours later we'd see her on the tv screen dancing and playing lol.

They had a bunch of different activities planned out each day and they would even take the kids to dinner in the buffet which we utilized twice.

i have been on the pride numerous times with my kids who are now 7 and 10. my daughter first went on the pride when she was also 2. we picked carnival because at the time they were the only cruise line that took 2yr olds and they did not have to be potty trained.

-camp carnival is on the 5th deck all the way forward. for your 2 year old i remember that we had to bring extra diapers and wipes that we left with camp carnival. since your child is 2 they should also give you a cell phone that you keep all week. they will call you if you have to pick up the child up. my daughter would not stay long before she would start crying and i would get called. also the cell phone can be used on the ship to call rooms or any ship number(guest services etc.) and you can receive calls from your room phone on the cell phone.

-the new carnival water works on deck 10 rear is nice and great for kids that age. the water is like ankle deep and has small slides the things to play with.

-HMC is a beautiful island. when you get off the tender go to the beach closest to the shops. they have a little water slide and things in the water for the kids to play on. there is also a large playground at HMC.

-grand turk we usually just go to the margaritaville pool. if you walk around the pool to the right side of the pool you can walk into the pool from the pool deck. so the water goes from nothing to a little deeper then deeper the farther you walk in up to 4 feet. everywhere else at the pool is just 4 feet.

-nassau you can walk to junkano beach. when you get off the ship follow the walk way to the right that will take you to the public beach. you will walk by senior frogs then a little farther there will be a resort then past that is the beach. there should be little arrow signs on the light poles showing which way to junkano beach.

@splintz I can't thank you enough! I'm printing this out and bringing with me - thanks!!

no problem.

also if your kids like butterflies (i know mine did at that age). go on deck 2 all the way forward by the taj mahal showroom. to the right of the doors to go into the showroom is the entrance to the butterflies lounge. it is next to the ladies room. it is stairs that lead down to the 1st floor into the butterflies lounge. (this is where they have the comedians). but the staircase is surrounded on the walls with glass and behind the glass they have real butterflies that are mounted all the way down the stairs. the kids loved it. you can go down the stairs and look at them all day nothing usually going on in the lounge until night time. here is a picture of what i'm talking about:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=carnival+pride+butterflies+lounge+staircase&view=detailv2&&id=F792E41231A4409EDA8A890F5D17719D0B3C4300&selectedIndex=3&ccid=O5ka6QhS&simid=608053033746759893&thid=OIP.M3b991ae90852721201b808f9866c965bo0&ajaxhist=0

Edited by splintz

Have also been on the Pride several times with young kids. I echo to bring the stroller, maybe even the double if it's not too wide (a front/back will work but not a doublewide). The reason is because the sun and activity will knock the kids out and you may find that you need to get somewhere and they are sound asleep. At least that happened often with us, especially at dinner. Oftentimes the younger was up but the older conked out. And the walk to Junkanoo Beach is short for you but long for them. :)

This August will likely be the first time I *don't* bring my stroller, my youngest just turned 5 and I don't own one right now, kind of thinking I may need to buy a cheapie for him just in case but I don't really relish schlepping a 5.5 yo around in one, LOL.

Other than that I second most of the advice here, just go wtih the flow... my kids never much cared for the camp but there is plenty else for them to do. The Pride is not an over huge ship so it is very manageable with little ones and they will probably have fun just exploring alongside you.