Post-trip first day logistics

Love to See the World

Husband and I are taking Viking Homelands on May 29-June 12. We have booked the two day Stockholm post-trip. I’m trying to plan independent excursions for the first day of the post-trip, and would like some idea of the logistics getting off the ship and checking in the hotel. We will be having breakfast on board and then transferring to the hotel. I know many cruisers will need to get off before us to make their travel arrangements, but what time do you think will be on our way? Once we arrive at the hotel (Radisson Waterford Blu) will we be able to check right in? (Many hotels don’t allow you to get into your room until 3 or 4). If we can’t get into our room, will they take care of our luggage? I’d hate to spend a lot of free time waiting around the hotel when we could be out exploring. What are some experiences you have had with the arrangements for the first day of a post-trip?

We stayed at the Sheraton and took a cab from the ship there. It was walkable but not with our luggage. We were able to check into our room and walk to the VASA and be the first ones there. Highly recommend seeing the VASA but do try to get there when it opens. It gets very busy. We also were able to join the first English speaking tour at the VASA. It was free and worth our time.

We were able to get off the ship very early and there were plenty of cabs available. Have fun. We loved the cruise and really loved Stockholm.

By the way we stayed on the Executive Level at the Sheraton and it came with food and drinks served most all of the day. We thought it was a great value.