Whats the difference in Carnivals Dolphin......

stacyinpa

I am trying to book a Dolphin Swim and Carnivals site lists 2 yet one says 'you will NOT be pushed or pulled by the Dolphins'. One says this, yet its advertised as a swim?

I called Carnival and the fellow there wasnt sure about much.

2 years ago I took the family and we swam into the deeper water and the Dolphin pulled us back to the platform! WHAT an experience that was!

We also got to kiss them, hold there fins, pet them...all that.

I want to do the same again as we are taking a cousin who woudl LOVE this experience. I cant see the difference but it says Dolphin Swim and the other one Dolphin Swim and Snorkel experience, yet the first one gives you snorkel stuff too while your there with the Dolphins swimming?

I am sailing the Victory on Dec 18th. Any idea?

Thanks a bunch...

Stacy

There are 2 different activities you can buy at the captive dolphin program. The cheapest one is the encounter where you only stand on the underwater platform and pet the dolphin. You don't leave the platform, so you are not pushed or pulled by the dolphin, you only "encounter" the dolphin.

The other, more expensive kind of activity will include swimming with the dolphins and it would be identified with the word swim or snorkel in the activity title.

Stacy,

From what you are describing it almost sounds like your ship's dolphin excursion may be at Atlantida and not Dolphin Discovery. Atlantida has a swim but no tricks and I believe you snorkel on either- not sure what the difference would be between the 2 though.

At dolphin discovery they offer the Royal Swim where you are pushed and pulled through the water by the dolphin $125 p/p- however it's possible if you are booking through the ship you won't be doing those tricks with the dolphins ( which is the primary reason people choose that activity). The dolphins have a strict diet and perhaps the cruise ships are booking larger than normal groups so they wouldn't be able to give the dolphin it's treats in order to do the tricks with that number of people. If you book outside the ship, you will get the real Royal Swim.

There are some promos now that you may also qualify for (that the ship does not offer). Also the Snorkel/Swim Adventure $99 is basically the same as the Royal Swim- the primary difference is your dolphin interaction- the push/pull as I mentioned on the Royal Swim and then on the Snorkel/Swim Adventure you get a dolphin belly ride.

Hope I didn't confuse you more!!

Hey CozInsiderJacq. You mentioned in your previous post that there was 2 Dolphin Swims.

"From what you are describing it almost sounds like your ship's dolphin excursion may be at Atlantida and not Dolphin Discovery. Atlantida has a swim but no tricks and I believe you snorkel on either- not sure what the difference would be between the 2 though."

We are sailing NCL in January and they have a Dolphin Swim close to a shopping area. That cannot be Dolphin Discovery so it must be Atlantida.

Am I correct? NCL's Dolphin swim does not mention an age requirement only height requirements. Dolphin Discovery mentions both.

My main question is that we have 2 six year olds that meet the 4ft requirement and are great swimmers. Will they only be able to do the Encounter at Dolphin Discovery? We have 5 adults that want to do the Swim but do not want to leave the 6 yr olds behind.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Hey CozInsiderJacq. You mentioned in your previous post that there was 2 Dolphin Swims.

We are sailing NCL in January and they have a Dolphin Swim close to a shopping area. That cannot be Dolphin Discovery so it must be Atlantida.

Am I correct? NCL's Dolphin swim does not mention an age requirement only height requirements. Dolphin Discovery mentions both.

My main question is that we have 2 six year olds that meet the 4ft requirement and are great swimmers. Will they only be able to do the Encounter at Dolphin Discovery? We have 5 adults that want to do the Swim but do not want to leave the 6 yr olds behind.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Sounds like Atlantida- it's close to downtown so there is shopping. They don't have the minimum age requirement since they don't do the tricks. I would submit an order for the Royal Swim- and note in remarks that you would like to get authorization for 2 - great swimming - 4 foot tall- 6 year old + XX month olds who will be participating with 5 of adults- then I can see if we can get authorization from a trainer here at the park. I have been able to get authorization for 7 year olds that are 4 feet tall- and 1 who was 6 but it just depends on what the trainers tell me.

Jacqueline

PS- if you can't get authorization- no charges will be made on your CC

Is the Dolphin Swim the cruise lines book at the same place as Dolphin Discovery? I mean, do the cruise ships book thur you too?

I only ask cuz 2 years ago we went on a Carnival cruise ans we booked this swim...it was at DD. We stood on a platform, touched her, held her fins, kissed her and then we swam out one by one and the dolphin pulled us back to the platform. We also put on our snorkel gear and went in the deep water as they swam around us. It was unbelievable!!!

Are you able to book this for me? I would be coming in on Dec 20 on board the Carnival Victory, supposed to be there from 7 AM tuesday tiol 12 AM wed (midnite I guess). There are 5 of us ages 27, 34, 36, 11, 16. I am not sure of the time change BUT I think I remember them telling us onboard not to change our clocks to the island time.....for some reason I think that???

Anyway, I would want the entire Dolphin experience. Let me know your thoughts? DOes the ship people get different stuff from the general public people--and by that I mean does the ship people get just the basic interaction....no pulling thru the water..etc. And I d ont mean the encounter part..I mean comparing swim to swim.

Thanks for your help...

Stacy

Stacy

Sounds like you did the Snorkel/Swim Adventure if you had a mask on and were at Dolphin Discovery. We can book for anyone at any of the published times- the cruise ships have their own time- early I believe- and may have a variety of the public offering -

The Snorkel/Swim Adventure offers the same as you described- with a dolphin belly ride interaction $99 p/p and the Royal Swim is basically the same but no mask and instead of the belly ride- there are 2 dolphins that push and pull each person through the water. The max on these are about 10 people per platform so they fill up fast.

Since we are here in Cozumel we have a great relationship with the dolphin folks and they bend over backwards to get spaces we need for clients - can't say if there is space right now- but once you submit an order we check and either confirm or let you know what is open.

We are on CST - but it sounds like from your time in port you can easily get to any of the time slots.

Just FYI- we are battening down the hatches early Friday morning in preparation for Hurricane Wilma- so if you don't get a response you will know why- could be several days once/if we lose power.

THANK YOU!

I will get back to you after the storm then. Know that you are ALL in my thoughts and prayers as you go thru yet another hurricane so wicked.

DO I book thru you via a website (cozumelinsider.com)? Just wonder how to proceed with the booking.

Thanks again...and I am praying for you!

Stacy

Stacy go ahead and book through their website. I am sure at this time things are pretty hectic for them. The web site is still up and going though so you can book. It will just take some time to get a response so be aware of that.

Archived