Tampa parade question

Kokomos

We are sailing the same day as this parade Tampa Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau, Busch Gardens, Gasparilla, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Ybor City, Florida Aquarium

Were staying at Wyndham Westshore. Im just wondering how bad the traffic will be trying to get to port.

Also how early can you usually board if it says 5:00 departure?

Thanks

Wanda

Kokomos,You definately need to leave extra time if you are embarking on that day. We were at the Gasparilla Night Parade (the same event) and a large number of streets are closed off and there are a lot of detours.Leave early to be safe. If you don't leave until the next day enjoy the parade it is a lot of fun. Just like a scaled down mardi gras.Hope this helps.mcboo

We are sailing the same day as this parade Tampa Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau, Busch Gardens, Gasparilla, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Ybor City, Florida Aquarium

Were staying at Wyndham Westshore. Im just wondering how bad the traffic will be trying to get to port.

Also how early can you usually board if it says 5:00 departure?

Thanks

Wanda

TRAFFIC will always be terrible before/ during and after the parade. The police dept start closing streets around 11 am. I would get to the port early and just "hang out" and enjoy. If you call the hotel a few days before arrival they may let you know, since it is always posted in the newspaper. The Gasparilla is usually a lot of fun- for whats it is worth.

Enjoy your cruise.

Susan

My advice is to get there early and maybe take in the aquarium next door to the terminal and also visit Channelside. Most of the streets near the terminal will be closed down for the parade. It has been years since I have been to the night parade as I used to live in the Tampa Bay area.

So how early would you suggest we get there? We do cruise the 11th so we wont be able to see the parade and I sure dont want to get stuck in traffic trying to get to the port.

Will we have to walk around with our luggage until they begin embarking or will we be able to check it in?

1st time cruiser and want things to be as smooth as possible.

Thanks , Wanda

At last years parade the streets were blocked off quite early. We arrived in downtown around 11:00am and several streets were already closed. Ypu will be able to get around as there are plenty of police officers to ask for directions should you encounter a detour.

mcboo:) :)

Archived