UK citizenship

Welsh Lass

Apologies upfront for the lengthy post! We are UK citizens but are living in the US for 3 years due to my husband's work. This is our first cruise with Carnival and I have just attempted to do the online check in. When it came to the citizenship part, it allowed me to put our counrty of citizenship as United Kingdom and country of residence as United States, but then asks for our permanent residence card number which we obviously do not have. I spoke to Carnival & the travel agent but they were unable to supply a solution and said to enter our US Visa number and "everything should be ok when you check in at the port" Anyone experienced this & knows a solution? Thanks!

We are UK citizens but are living in the US for 3 years due to my husband's work. This is our first cruise with Carnival and I have just attempted to do the online check in. When it came to the citizenship part, it allowed me to put our counrty of citizenship as United Kingdom and country of residence as United States, but then asks for our permanent residence card number which we obviously do not have. I spoke to Carnival & the travel agent but they were unable to supply a solution and said to enter our US Visa number and "everything should be ok when you check in at the port" Anyone experienced this & knows a solution? Thanks!

My wife & I, are citizens of India and are in the US on visas.

We have had no problems going on cruises.

Over the years, family members have visited the US on tourist visas and they have had no problems either.

From your post I assume you are here on work visas.

If so, do not enter US as your country of residence, the system takes it to mean as you being a Permanent Resident; hence it asks for your Green card number.

Alternatively, use US as your country of residence & just enter the visa number as the agent suggested.

I can't recall doing an online check-in, not sure whether it would save any time for cruisers like us.

When you do travel, take all your documents with you. Especially the ones that allowed you to enter the US. So namely, your passport, US visa & I-94. A closed-loop cruise will not ask for your I-94 to be surrendered at departure. You will hold on to the same one that you already have. They will inspect your visa and entry documents for re-entry.

Edited by hirent