Lobkowicz Castle Privileged Acess or on Own?

italgal24

We are booked on Viking Danube Waltz in early October and I am trying to figure out if we can logistically do the Lobkowicz Castle lunch/concert/tour on our own during our post cruise stay in Prague. The price of Vikings "Privileged Access" is pretty outrageous compared to booking on our own. The concert starts at 1PM so I am trying to find out if it is feasible to do this after our morning Prague tour with Viking?

Also, what time do you arrive in Prague after disembarking in Passau? There are some walking tours I'd like to do with a 2PM start time the afternoon we arrive if possible. Calling the cruise line to ask them this info has been a wasted effort. I appreciate anyone's input/advice who has recently travelled with Viking on this itinerary. Thanks!

Take a look at the map. I know that the bus ride from Nuremberg to Prague is a little over 3 hours with a comfort stop. And that is via dual lane road/carriage way. Passau appears to be farther away from Prague.

IMO, you are unlikely to arrive from Passau and be able to attend the concert on the same day.

"Scam alert" Please look carefully at Trip Advisor for reviews and comments on some concerts in Prague. There are some that people have been very dissatisfied with and felt that the performances and venue were not as described in the sales material.

Also, just because you hotel may recommend a concert does not mean that its worth your money. The hotel could be getting a kickback from the concert producer to steer clients their way.

Please study the Prague public transport system's website. Prague is very easy to be around via tram, subway and bus. Do not hail a taxi on the street as you may get ripped off. Again, see Trip Advisor for reputable taxi companies or have your hotel call one for you.

Wth all that said, Prague is a wonderful place!