Thomson Spirit - first timer questions!

Hope someone can help with a few questions I have? Looking forward to my first cruise on the Spirit on 22nd May!

Are the all inclusive drinks available in the waiter service restaurant each night for dinner, as well as the a al carte restaurant or are they just included in the buffet restaurant? What happens on the formal night? Do u need to pay a supplement for drinks if you are all inclusive?

Lastly, can men wear short sleeved shirts in the waiter service restaurant in the evening? I have a tattoo on my upper arm from elbow and wouldn't like to offend anyone if it was on show!

Thanks for any input you can give!

The drinks package is available at all bars and restaurants, but remember not all drinks are included, for many there is a supplement. So for example you can have house wine free by the glass but may pay just two pound less for other wine by the bottle. No difference in rules on formal night (captain's dinner).

There is nothing against short sleeve shirts in restaurant. For the formal night many men will wear DJ or a suit, but many won't and it is not enforced on thomson ships.

The drinks package is available at all bars and restaurants, but remember not all drinks are included, for many there is a supplement. So for example you can have house wine free by the glass but may pay just two pound less for other wine by the bottle. No difference in rules on formal night (captain's dinner).

There is nothing against short sleeve shirts in restaurant. For the formal night many men will wear DJ or a suit, but many won't and it is not enforced on thomson ships.

Thanks for the reply. I intend on wearing trousers, waistcoat with bow tie to the formal captains evening. No jacket. Will this be acceptable?

We were on Celebration last year when a few men wore long sleeved shirts with a waistcoat and bow tie on the formal nights. They looked very smart and relaxed too, my husband is considering doing that if we do another fly cruise to save on the weight of a dinner suit.

My husband has a dinner suit but for our last two cruises has just taken his black lounge suit. Wore it on the formal night with evening shirt and bow tie but can then wear the jacket and trousers separately so saving on luggage weight.