Kids club question

terkov

We have done two Disney cruises with my two adult children and their spouses and 4 grandchildren. The two oldest this year were 4. Unfortunately the two younger ones could not go to the Kid's Club but the two 4 year olds LOVED the video games! We will be on the Allure July 2018 and now the 3 year old and two 5 year olds can go to Aquanauts. I saw pictures of Aquanauts and looked very "babyish" for 5 year olds. I understand that for video games that you have to go to Arcade and pay $1.25 per game. I a concerned that the 5 year olds will not want to go to Aquanauts. On plus side, I have heard that the activities in Aquanauts is more structured than Disney. Does anyone have any experience comparing Disney to Aquanauts.

Thanks

My 4-year-old LOVED Aquanauts on Oasis two weeks ago. They had quite a variety of activities, from group games, crafts/projects, storytime, songs, dances, free play, movies, performances that they put on, etc. Every time I "peeked" in, she and the other kids were having tons of fun, and she would've gone more than we put her in if left up to her. She is very social though, and loves preschool and playing with other kids, so I'm sure it depends somewhat on the personality of the child. It seems like the staff really try to engage all the kids though and give special attention to those who may need it (like I saw one staff member holding a tired child and providing some comfort/snuggles while the kids were watching Sing! in the kids' theater one evening.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a question about the toddler groups. Does anyone have any experience with them? Also if my son is 1 year and 11 months old on our next cruise will he still be forced into the 1 year old group?

If you are traveling on a ship with a nursery, all the young ones are in the same room from 6months-under 3. The nursery is not as structured as Adventure ocean because they don’t know what ages will be there at what time in advance, if that makes sense. There are lots of toys available for every age. My youngest is almost 3 and has been to the nursery a bunch and has loved it at every age.

Sent from my iPad using Forums