Norwegian Escape - Deck 15 below the pools?

Baldy777

Heckp, I've booked Spa balcony 15136, travelling September. Would be great if you could let me know if ok or should we try change. :)

No noise at all and very nice and quiet area. The stateroom is right infront of crew only entry doors but we have not heard any noise at all. Only noise along the hallways was when they were collecting luggages on our last night. No noise from loud music or chairs being dragged.

Sure that's one of the 3 staterooms we booked. I'm actually hoping to have them remove the dividers between the 3 balconies to have a long balcony :-)

We were just on the breakaway and was told that NCL will NOT remove the dividers for you. Its their policy?

We were on escape 4/30 and they said they would open for us but my husband ended up opening them and nobody closed them on us. We were also on 15 under the pill and at 6:30 am the deck chairs being moved were noisy but not too terrible.

We were on escape 4/30 and they said they would open for us but my husband ended up opening them and nobody closed them on us. We were also on 15 under the pill and at 6:30 am the deck chairs being moved were noisy but not too terrible.

What did he use to open it?

We were just on the breakaway and was told that NCL will NOT remove the dividers for you. Its their policy?

When I asked our steward to open it, he said he has to get an ok from his boss. He came to open it after few minutes

Thanks so much for that Heckp. Hope you had a fab holiday. I don't travel until 24th September. Can't come quick enough.:)

You're welcome! Enjoyed Escape a lot! We were at the spa every single day and took our afternoon naps there 😀. It was not busy at all 😀. Hope you enjoy yours as well. Can't wait till next Escape in May 2017. Meanwhile I have to read and move over to Celebrity forum for our next one in December 😊

Hi All,

First time creating a new post on these boards. We are sailing on the Escape later this summer and have a mid-ship mini-suite with balcony (MA category), starboard side.

As near as I can tell from the deck plans, we are basically under the area where the pool and hot tubs are located. I've seen some reviews here and in other places where noise from the upper deck can potentially be an issue.

I'm not so worried about during the day (as we'll most likely be on deck ourselves), but rather, I'm worried about the noise from deck chairs being moved around overnight when the crew is cleaning.

Does anyone have any experience with being mid-ship on deck 15 just below the pool deck, and getting noise in the cabin??? My agent has said she hasn't heard anything bad, but she can still get us switched to the same category of cabin on deck 14.

Wanted to get the thoughts and experiences of those on this message board....

Thanks!

I just got back from sailing May 14-21 in an Aft Balcony cabin 15282 on deck 15. We were in the back of the ship with beautiful views of ships' rooster tail tracks in the water and islands as we pass by. We were right below The Garden Cafe dining room (deck 16) and we would hear a noise from time to time in the early evening when we were getting ready for dinner. It was not all the time or every day so we did not think much of it. It was very convenient to walk up 1 flight of steps and be at the breakfast area and then walk through the dining room to the pool. There is only one main adult pool. It can get quite crowded during the sea days. If you are staying in the Haven section I think they have their own private pool just for those staying in the Haven. There are several activities on the top decks for keeping you occupied. There are 2 slides, a rope challenge trail, a zip line, a plank overboard, mini golf, basketball courts. There are lots of bars to explore from level 6 on up. If you are a drinker make sure you check them out. There are also several eateries for an extra fee, those are in addition to the 3 main dining rooms and the self serve Garden Cafe. The 24 hour dining would be at O'Sheehans on deck 7. There is a wine tasting room $19.95 p/person, that is worth a try as it explains all about red wines and how to pair them with different foods. There is a brew house bar with piano entertainment. If you get the Ultimate Drink Package, you can drink til your hearts content. There is a patch available (to prevent hangovers) in the general store next to the photo sales counter. If you are not a sun worshiper, there are plenty of game show entertainment indoors.

Edited by rick8560

I was replying to Baldy777 and made a stupid mistake with yellow text!:( I missed my edit window and could not fix it. Here is what it reads as:

" We were right below The Garden Cafe dining room (deck 16) and we would hear a noise from time to time in the early evening when we were getting ready for dinner. It was not all the time or every day so we did not think much of it."

• 3 weeks later...
Blackwing,

I am happy to hear this I just got assigned room 15844 for my May 21st cruise and I was worried being under the Garden Café. I don't mind the shade on the balcony either!

Dikucz

How did room 15844 turn out? We are in that room the week of July 9th.

Thanks

Jen

Dikucz

How did room 15844 turn out? We are in that room the week of July 9th.

Thanks

Jen

Jen,

The room turned out to be really great. We were in a great location as you just walked up one flight of stairs and the Garden Café was right there. Then just up another flight and there was spice H20 and you could go to the pool decks. I never heard any noise from the Garden Café except maybe some chairs moving when I was on the balcony, but no big deal.

We would take the elevators down to deck 6 or 7 and walk across to get to the front, it never seemed that bad at all.

The bed is next to the closet, which is not the greatest as it is tight getting into the closet but it works.

Hope that helps!

Diane

We were in 15156 and there was noise early morning setting up deck chairs, was it enough to really both us - no. If you want complete quite this isn't it, if you can sleep through a little noise or are early risers like us 6 or 7 no biggy. Didn't hear any noise at night.

Hi, I'm looking to book the same cabin very soon for a 2017 sailing, was wondering if you had any additional insight. Probably moving from a B1 aft balcony (very large handicap room on level 9) to this room for the spa benefit, and slightly larger balcony for this B9 section. How did you like it? Any tips? I like its proximity to the elevators and pool deck also. Was the spa benefit worth it?

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

The spa was great. I almost always get the spa pass. The location was great, balcony slightly bigger due to angle. Was close to Vibe also which we got passes for. Between Vibe and spa plus oversized angle balcony would recommend. As I mentioned you can hear chair movement early morning above. Have fun on your cruise!!!

This is my 4th cruise, Been in the Disney Wonder and the Dream with my family for both of my girls 15th birthdays, they are now 23 and 25 so it's been a while, then on NCL's Pearl with my husband in 2013 for our 25th anniversary. We loved it so much that we didn't even hesitate in booking a Caribbean Cruise on the new ship Escape because it sounded so exciting, especially when we heard that Margaritaville and Tobacco Road would be on the ship as well as many other fine bars and restaurants. We already reserved and paid for everything possible that we could beforehand because, yes, I'm a bit of a control freak, lol! We decided to get the excursions offered by NCL because we didn't want any surprises or horror stories as we have read here that has happened to people that have done the excursions on their own, yes, I know the majority have had pleasant experiences, but nah, not taking any chances. We bought a 3 day specialty dining package and the rest of the nights we also reserved ahead of time in the main dining rooms due to people stating that if they didn't have reservations they had waited even up to 2 hours in the main dining rooms to be seated. We also got the drink package as well as reserving the shows that we could and were available to book ahead of time. The reviews that I have read here are so mixed that I feel a bit apprehensive,because we are in the 15 deck mid ship and have read that there is a huge overhand, that you cant really see the sky and that it's noisy at night! but then my DH said to me: "things are what you make them, if you start knit-picking everything you are sure to have a miserable time, but if your attitude is to enjoy yourself for 7 days and not mind the petty things, you'll have an incredible time." Yes, that is what I plan to do. I will post my experience here when we return though. I'm super excited to get away and disconnect for a bit. Would love to hear form people that have been in this ship and what they recommend and at what times. I'd also like to know what not to do or any tips.

Edited by leeleeniggy

Hi, I'm looking to book the same cabin very soon for a 2017 sailing, was wondering if you had any additional insight. Probably moving from a B1 aft balcony (very large handicap room on level 9) to this room for the spa benefit, and slightly larger balcony for this B9 section. How did you like it? Any tips? I like its proximity to the elevators and pool deck also. Was the spa benefit worth it?

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Sorry for delay. We loved the room and location. I always either get a spa room or buy the pass. Spa was great used it almost every day. Enjoy your trip.