Nieuw Amsterdam room 5156

Hi Cruisers,

I am going on Nieuw Amsterdam for the first time next week. I have the stateroom K 5156 reserved.. Has anyone stayed in this room ??

Any thoughts or ideas or hints for a fellow passenger of Holland on a new ship for me.

Thank you and Happy Sailing : )

Susan

We stayed in this cabin on the NA's sister, the Eurodam, about a year ago on our first cruise ever. We really liked the layout of this cabin and had booked it on the NA for our upcoming cruise in May, but were offered an upgrade to a VE guarantee and said "yes please".

The cool thing about the layout of the cabin is the door is on the side instead of at the end of the stateroom. This means you open your door into the "bedroom" area and then the bathroom and wardrobe are off to one side. This way there are no issues with the cabin door, bathroom door and closet doors all opening into the same floor area, which is kind of nice. Also gives the dressing area and bathroom a more private, separated feel IMO.

I hope you enjoy the cabin as much as we did.

• 4 weeks later...