NCL EPIC vs RCI Liberty of the Seas

momoftwo82

We are planning on cruising in February and I am going back and forth between EPIC (Port Canaveral) Liberty of the Seas (Galveston). We have 2 girls, 7 and 9 who love activities, especially pools and water slides. The EPIC is slightly cheaper and includes the drink package and also stops at their private island so i figure we would save more money there since food and drinks are included.

Problem is, the more reviews I read, it seems to be a theme that RCI and the newly renovated Liberty of the Seas get rave reviews compared to EPIC. I ended up booking RCI yesterday due to the reviews but now as I look at flight and especially transportation options from HOU to Galveston I am majorly questioning my decision!

Also have a kids club question: For Royal Caribbean my kids ages will put them in different groups in the kids club and I am not ok with them being separated and I know my kids will not be either. Since they are close in age, will they let the girls stay together?

Any opinions and personal experience with both ships including their ports would be greatly appreciated. Thank so much in advance for the much needed help:)

Edited by momoftwo82

Often times they will allow the older child to go down to the younger group (but not the other way around). I don't think they will tell you definitely yes at the time you book the cruise- but once onboard I'd go to the youth program and explain that you would like to keep them together and they probably will. If they don't it's because there are already too many children in that age group. I think it's about 90% chance they will allow it. Unless it's a school break- like President's weekend- there may not be any school age kids and that will mean more flexibility.

I'd definitely go RCL instead of Epic. The rooms on Epic look really small and I don't like that the bathroom and shower are part of the room. I need a certain amount of room and privacy. So I'd go with Royal over Epic.