Need advice please

veruca1130

We are sailing sept 11 2016 on the breeze out of Galveston. My brother in law is going to sail for sure, but he does not know for sure who will be accompanying him. I'm pretty sure if he books a cabin for two he has to provide the information for both passengers. What is the best way to proceed? (including which fare code)

1.have him book solo and add the other person when he knows for sure who it will be? (And if the fare rises would they both pay the increased fare?)

2. Book for two and provide the information for one of the possible travelers, and change travelers later if necessary?

Or any other suggestions?

Thank you very much! Does he have to book under a specific fare code in order to be able to add a person later?

No. Any fare could will work as long as he picks his own room. No changes are allowed for things like Pack and Go and some others - particularly guarantee cabins. Early Saver will be fine as he is not changing a name, he is adding a name.

I would be sure he verifies with the person at Carnival before pulling the trigger by letting them know what he is doing. If you have a PVP, then that is the safest bet as sometimes you get a CS Rep who isn't very knowledgeable.

He could always leave the 2nd person as TBA, but that can cause issues with ES and can add more confusion. As long as there's no chance of the sailing selling out, it's best to do it with only 1 at the beginning. This is advice directly from my PVP and that's exactly what I did. No problems.

But if there's a chance the person may change after adding them, it's best to go like Past Guest Rate if he is one. Much more flexibility.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I always roll around laughing when a poster has been given the correct information then some one jumps in with call your pvp or your ta.

Yeah, there are some that knows their stuff, but how do you know for sure?

On here, if incorrect information is given, within a couple of minutes you should know it.

I always roll around laughing when a poster has been given the correct information then some one jumps in with call your pvp or your ta.

Yeah, there are some that knows their stuff, but how do you know for sure?

On here, if incorrect information is given, within a couple of minutes you should know it.

I must have missed that post :confused: