Who's going when on what?

chaz cruiser

Hi there I`m new to the boards but have been absolutely glued to this site the last couple of days since discovering all the great info and tips. We are booked on the Pacific Star 631 leaving 23 September (first week of Qld school holidays) and am, like all of you, very excited. My last cruise was 25 years ago on the Oriana. Hubby has never cruised and admits has never had any desire to. We have organised a large group of us (26 including kids) so he will have a terrific time I`m sure and hopefully will want to go again. I hope I have done this right.:)

Hi there I`m new to the boards but have been absolutely glued to this site the last couple of days since discovering all the great info and tips. We are booked on the Pacific Star 631 leaving 23 September (first week of Qld school holidays) and am, like all of you, very excited. My last cruise was 25 years ago on the Oriana. Hubby has never cruised and admits has never had any desire to. We have organised a large group of us (26 including kids) so he will have a terrific time I`m sure and hopefully will want to go again. I hope I have done this right.:)

Hi Rollo!

Welcome to these fabulous boards...I'm a newbie myself and it's great to finally see someone else doing the same cruise as us! I was beginning to think we were alone! Unlike yourselves we are but a small group, me, hubby & two boys aged 12 & 15. We can't wait as it's our first cruise!

Cheers!

Hi Rallo,

Welcome aboard the boards!!! Don't forget you can ask any questions, we like to show off our knowledge and there is usually someone who can help.

Did you manage to satisfy the requirements of a group booking? If yes, how have you managed your group booking? Through P&O direct or through a travel agent?

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Chaz - I went through a travel agent and am still waiting to hear what kind of group discounts P&O will give us. I don`t know if I would have been better off dealing direct with P&O or not but being my first cruise booking for 25 years and having a big group I just thought it would be easier through an agent. Tropical Showers - I have two daughters 15 and nearly 12 by September so look out!! ;) Ha Ha. Just kidding my girls are too shy to talk to boys.:)

Chaz - I went through a travel agent and am still waiting to hear what kind of group discounts P&O will give us.

Hi Rallo,

We are planning a group booking which we will be making at the end of March. I have spoken to P&O however so we could give everyone an indication of what it would cost us. FYI they give a 40% discount for group bookings. A group booking must have a minimum of 16 adults occupying lower berths (i.e. a minimum of 8 cabins!). They also suggested that if we go through a travel agent we should be able to negotiate a $100 onboard credit per adult. Something to keep in mind when discussing with your TA!

I guess I was just wondering if that is what really happens. I know I will be disappointed if it isn't. However I have gotten everything in writing so shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,

can some one explain to me about bumps which I have noticed reading this great site. I am not computer wise.

Threads appear in the order of the last post. As such if there have been no posts on them they can slip over the next page or even futher. Often someone mentions a topic that a previous thread has dealt with. So that it is "bumped" to the top of the list someone will place a reply against it. This makes it easier to find!

Hope that explains it for you.

Cheers,

thanks chaz cruiser. even this old duck can follow your explaination. questions - are we allowed to say if we are male or female? are there things we should not say? is there a way that all people on this board can put there same cruises together? I am having a great time following SMURFETT and co and would like to do it more. so many names so many threads.

We are on Pacific Star Christmas cruise R642. Just paid the deposit yesterday. We got a great deal from RACQ!

Hi Tikibird and welcome to the boards.....

I have just convinced 2 of my workmates into doing this Christmas cruise and have booked for them through P&O. They are now really excited as I think once you have that booking number and paid the deposit it's a great feeling to look forward to the cruise....these boards are very helpful and friendly.:)

Hi Davoni, try RACQ as they are doing special with 40% off full brochure price and $100 pp shipboard credit.

Oh, I just saw we will be on different ships, you are talking about Pacific Princess, I am talking about Pacific Star. If you haven't paid yet, try that RACQ deal. It would never have occurred to me that we could get a discount on a Christmas cruise, we were going to do the Oct 14 one, then I got the RACQ mag The Road Ahead and saw the advertisement.

FYI they give a 40% discount for group bookings. A group booking must have a minimum of 16 adults occupying lower berths (i.e. a minimum of 8 cabins!). They also suggested that if we go through a travel agent we should be able to negotiate a $100 onboard credit per adult. Something to keep in mind when discussing with your TA!

Hi Chas

Our group certainly has 16 adults and I think the TA is trying to upgrade us all to outside cabins as part of our discount and perhaps an onboard credit but so far haven`t heard anything definite. Will let you know when I do. I will certainly be disappointed if they don`t come up with something good.

Hi Tikibird,

We are doing Christmas cruise on Pacific Princess as we had such a great time on the last Christmas cruise and some of the same people we met have booked on this cruise as well so we will all be meeting up again. Also because we booked with the cruise sales consultant on the ship we received a good discount...... I have 2 friends who are doing the Pacific Star Christmas cruise as it is cheaper and they don't have to fly to Sydney like we do. I did the booking for them and did call RACQ after reading your post but they could not do any better than P&O price as it was only for 2 people and not a group booking but it was worth a try... Cheers:)

Davoni, what did they quote you? We only booked as a couple, unless we are considered to be part of RACQ's group. It should be full brochure price less 40% inclusive of $100 pp shipboard credit. Unless they are all sold out. RACQ had an allotment to sell. A few days ago, I had called P&O just to be sure I had indeed booked the cheapest possible deal, they said that the 35% earlybird bargains were also sold out. We are in a Cat F cabin midship.

Archived