Booked the Magic next March...excursion/insurance questions

RMac713

I am in the midst of booking...my TA has my info, etc. Now I am wondering about how soon I can book things. On DCL I needed to be PIF to book my excursions. I am really eager to book FTTF when it comes available. How far ahead of the cruise is that usually, and do I have to be PIF?

Also, do most of you book outside insurance or just use carnival? For my DCL cruise I used Allianz.

Thanks. I'm really excited...I am getting 7 nights in a spa cabin for what I was paying for a 4 night Bahamas on DCL the same week!

Hi

I don't know what PIF means but I get my insurance outside of Carnival.

You will really love the spa cabin!

Will you book all your excursions through Carnival? If so, they generally show up gradually. If you let us know which ports you are going to I'm sure many can give you excursion ideas.

I am in the midst of booking...my TA has my info' date=' etc. Now I am wondering about how soon I can book things. On DCL I needed to be PIF to book my excursions. I am really eager to book FTTF when it comes available. How far ahead of the cruise is that usually, and do I have to be PIF?

Also, do most of you book outside insurance or just use carnival? For my DCL cruise I used Allianz.

Thanks. I'm really excited...I am getting 7 nights in a spa cabin for what I was paying for a 4 night Bahamas on DCL the same week![/quote']

You do not need to be paid in full (PIF) to book excursions or FTTF on Carnival.

We're booked for April 2017 on Magic and are eager as well. I'm thinking that since it's recently repositioned that excursions aren't set up yet.

You'll love Cloud9!

I am very excited! DH is too, although he is mostly glad I can stop researching cruises and get back to a normal life LOL.

Our ports are Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. I have to book at least one snorkeling type excursion for DH. I like beaches. I was looking at the Fury Catamaran to St John for our St. Thomas day. But my main priority is FTTF, which I understand goes quickly!

I haven't heard back yet but based on the open rooms, I asked for 12009 which is about 6 or 7 rooms from the front. I am really looking forward to walking down the hall, getting in the elevator and going to the thermal suite.