Celebrating big bday on Fantasy

Laurba99

I would love to hear ideas and see (pics) of things you did on a Disney cruise for someone's landmark bday (70) I heard you can have them pre-decorate a cabin. I would love to know cost and see pics of what a cabin looked like. I believe you can pre-order a cake. Is that worth it and any photos? Anything else is welcome! We have time to prepare or buy special things online etc. Goal is to make her feel very special.

The birthday decorations in the cabin are put up before embarkation, not on the birthday. THey are attractive, not worth the money to my thinking...but this isn't a kid birthday either.

Yes, the cakes that you can purchase are very attractive and taste good. There are several designs available. Here is the link to purchase

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/

Note--the cakes say "$25 and up." The "and up" can go to hundreds if you wish and you need something that big. Designs/decorations vary from a Mickey head on a simple cake to very elaborate wedding style cakes.

If you do not purchase a cake or do not have it served at dinner that night, there is a complimentary birthday dessert and the serving teams will sing HB. You can also get a pin that says "It's My Birthday" or "I'm Celebrating" from Guest Services early that morning or the day before so she can wear it all day. It's rather a waste to get it at dinner when the day is over. The result of the pin is that CMs will wish her a happy birthday all day long when they see the pin.

Thanks!!! We are doing this cruise specifically to celebrate her bday so I may do the room decor and the cake but her actual bday is a month before because we can't take my

Son out of school until spring break so it doesn't matter when they decorate or when she gets the cake etc. this whole

Trip is for her bday

I ordered a special cake for our anniversary cruise back in february and the cake that arrived the night I requested it wasnt even the cake I ordered. I had ordered a specific frosting and cake and it was definitely not it. I was disappointed as I had gotten some standard generic sprinkle cake. Oh well, I wont be ordering any cakes in the future.

Out of curiosity how much did the cake you ordered cost? I was annoyed on Allure of the seas because I ordered a cake by phone before the cruise and I happened to be on the ship but sometimes

I order things for people and I'm

Not there to see how it plays out. They were supposed to bring it day one and they didn't. I spoke to someone had to give all the info again and then I was sooo sooo frustrated. Someone came

To the table in front of the people I was trying to surprise with the cake and asked me what the cake was supposed

To say etc. I was like really? I whispered it but my mom

Heard and my dad was surprised at least.

There is at least one local florist that delivers to cruise rooms precruise (in Port Canaveral). I did this once to have a little arrangement in the room for my cruise apprehensive wife. Much cheaper than getting the Disney items and more flexible as well.

Out of curiosity how much did the cake you ordered cost? I was annoyed on Allure of the seas because I ordered a cake by phone before the cruise and I happened to be on the ship but sometimes

I order things for people and I'm

Not there to see how it plays out. They were supposed to bring it day one and they didn't. I spoke to someone had to give all the info again and then I was sooo sooo frustrated. Someone came

To the table in front of the people I was trying to surprise with the cake and asked me what the cake was supposed

To say etc. I was like really? I whispered it but my mom

Heard and my dad was surprised at least.

I would need to check my cake order form and receipt which is in my file at home. I'll definitely let you know how much. The cake itself was excellent but it definitely wasnt what I ordered (hubby is dang picky with deserts). I honestly didnt mentioned it as it was on our last night of our 3 night cruise for our anniversary. It was a mute point by then in my mind. Honestly the servers singing Happy Anniversary was enough to embarrass me LOL

A special order cake starts at $25 and goes up from there. The sky is the limit, but most are in the $25-$100 range. It mostly depends on the decorating. $25 gets you a cake in your choice of flavor with frosting of your choice and a Mickey face on the cake. Fillings, buttercream frosting with flowers, etc. cost more.

There is at least one local florist that delivers to cruise rooms precruise (in Port Canaveral). I did this once to have a little arrangement in the room for my cruise apprehensive wife. Much cheaper than getting the Disney items and more flexible as well.

How long ago was this? Asking because they have eliminated most deliveries to the ships. The Perfect Gift (by Shirley) company is no longer able to deliver things. Babies Travel Lite is not permitted (they went belly up, but that was at least in part because certain cruise lines eliminated them).

Edited by moki'smommy

Ok helpful. I would just go simple. she is not much of a dessert person. I have to say even though I had drama with them coming up to my table and asking what the cake should say in front on them (still makes me so mad because I called and spoke to someone onboard

Already!) the cake that

Came on allure was so delicious!

How long ago was this? Asking because they have eliminated most deliveries to the ships. The Perfect Gift (by Shirley) company is no longer able to deliver things. Babies Travel Lite is not permitted (they went belly up' date=' but that was at least in part because certain cruise lines eliminated them).[/quote']

Bummer, guess another loss of revenue for them. Yes, it was The Perfect Gift.