Questions about Group Cruises

Cammie

My family is interested in doing a cruise together, and as the only experienced cruiser in the bunch, I'm in charge of doing it. There's only one problem: I've never planned a group cruise before. I have a bunch of questions, so if someone doesn't mind bearing with me, I'd love some answers.

*How many people (or cabins) do you need to have to get a group rate?

*Are there any special perks (extras, receptions,etc.) when doing group cruises?

*How do I go about getting information on group rates?

*Do they allow deposits or full payments when booking?

Thanks in advance!

I'll be happy to answer your questions. A group usually consists of 8 cabins generally. Most cruises you will earn one free birth for every 8 cabins booked. As far as special perks, yes you can get them it just depends on when you want to cruise. If you go during an off-peak time, the more perks you'll probably get. One perk you can sometimes get is a reduction on earning your free birth. I.E. instead of the 1 for 8, you can possibly get 1 for 5. Finally, you can usually hold group space with a deposit of $50 to $100 per cabin with a 2nd deposit due somewhere down the road. You full payment wouldn't be due until about 70 days prior to sailing.

I hope this answers your questions, if you have anymore, please do not hesitate to ask.

Archived