Excursion with Cave-Tubing.com is the best!

JDNY74

I recently got back from a 7 day Carnival cruise. The cruise was great in itself, but I must give a lot of credit to the professionals that work for Cave-Tubing.com. I must admit, the party I was with (6 of us in all) were pretty nervous about me booking an excursion that wasn't affiliated with the cruise line. But I must tell you that when we arrived in Belize we had no problem finding our tour guides. They were located right outside the terminal like they said they would be, and had my name listed on a board along with others. We discussed our main concern of making it back to the tender in time, and Yhony guaranteed us an early return. We boarded the bus and quickly were relieved of our tension when Junior (on of our great tour-guides) spoke to us along the entire drive explaining everything we needed to know, and answering everyones questions. Not to mention a lot of humor added in that had the whole bus laughing. These guys are great at what they do. When we got to the rainforest they had watershoe rentals there for a very decent price ($3), and even a clean bathroom. They were fully instructive and led us though the forest to the river. The ride through the caves was great! I had a blast and so did everyone else in my party, including my 10 year old son, and my 25 year old brother-in-law that doesn't know how to swim! We all had a great time and we give all the credit to these guys. They got us back to the port exactly when they said they would. And we still had over an hour to shop and take pictures before getting on the tender. I definitely recommend anyone take this excursion. It's half the price you would pay if you went with the cruise excursion, and probably much more fun, these guys are funny, and they know how to make you have a great time. Yhony was great, and will respond to any questions or concerns you might have. Remember cave-tubing.com for your excursion, you won't regret it!:D

We will be going on Carnival Valor on 3/19/06. We plan on doing the cave tubing. What time did you get off the ship in the morning and how do you get off. I heard you need a wrist band to get off because they only let those people with excursions get off first. I also noticed there are different tenders going to different places. Did you get on the one going to the pier or on a differnt one. I am just a little worried I will miss the excursion but I also don't want to pay twice as much. Thanks for your help.

.........I heard you need a wrist band to get off because they only let those people with excursions get off first. .......I am just a little worried I will miss the excursion but I also don't want to pay twice as much. Thanks for your help.
The best description I have read to date of how the tendering system works on the Valor is in the following thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=213468

His review is broken up in different parts throughout the thread, but in post #28 he describes in detail how the system works. Hope this helps.

John

I was on the Carnival Glory and we couldn't get off the ship until all the people with excursions booked with the ship got off first. We had to go down to the travel desk early and get a number that you wear on your shirt. When they call your number you can board the tender. There was only one tender to take, and it took us right into the port of Belize City. We got off the ship by about 10:00am. But we still had plenty of time to do the excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going with Yhonny on Nov 23rd. I am wondering about the tubes: are they the standard, regular black innertube type, or are they the kind with handles for gripping? I'm a bit concerned that with Hurricane Beta hitting Nicaragau and Guatemala right now, maybe the river might be high.

Archived