Excursion questions(confused!)

vlf467

I am getting ready to book an excursion. I need help!! I am VERY confused about these 2 offerings in Cozumel. THE ATV and BEACH ADVENTURE and the XRAILS to JADE CAVERNS The video that is shown on the MSC website for the ATV beach adventure shows the XRAILS vehicles and the XRAILS video shows the people on ATVs. Is this just a mistake in the video placement? WE want to ride the dune buggy like vehicles not the motocycle like ATV's!!! ANy help appreciated and any comments about experiences with excursions. Thank you.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I am getting ready to book an excursion. I need help!! I am VERY confused about these 2 offerings in Cozumel. THE ATV and BEACH ADVENTURE and the XRAILS to JADE CAVERNS The video that is shown on the MSC website for the ATV beach adventure shows the XRAILS vehicles and the XRAILS video shows the people on ATVs. Is this just a mistake in the video placement? WE want to ride the dune buggy like vehicles not the motocycle like ATV's!!! ANy help appreciated and any comments about experiences with excursions. Thank you.

I'm sure it is just a graphical error,,I would book the X-Rail excursion to be safe. We did the ATV/Beach excursion last April. We had a blast on the ATV's and saw the X-Rails,,,which were a dune buggy type vehicle. If you do choose one of those two excursions,,a hint of advice,,,be sure to bring a bandana or something to cover your face,as well as sunglasses or some form of eye protection,,the ride is extremely dusty and the company running the excursion will try to sell you items like bug spray,,bandanas,,and a few other things for crazy money!!! Also,,be prepared to stop quite a few times,,,like our ATV's,,we saw a few X-Rails which were broken down along the route. Here is the video I made of the ride so you'll get an idea what to look forward to:

[YOUTUBE]Ct6VSoPTFtc[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Mikesa1721

Thank you for the info. I definitely want to do the xrail thing. The tips were good as well. Thank you. May I ask another question? When you get dirty, are there facilities to clean up and where would you put your things while on the xrails? Are there lockers? And if you break down do they replace your vehicle promptly?

Thank you for the info. I definitely want to do the xrail thing. The tips were good as well. Thank you. May I ask another question? When you get dirty, are there facilities to clean up and where would you put your things while on the xrails? Are there lockers? And if you break down do they replace your vehicle promptly?

There are water fountain type facilities outside of the bathrooms where you can wash up,,,kind of like a bird bath. There are lockers available,,,I'm not sure of the cost,,I carried all of our valuables in a backpack. If you do break down,,they will do their best to try and fix your ride,,,if not,,there is always someone following behind in another X-Rail that will call for someone to bring out a replacement. I think we had 2 ATV's replaced during our trip. They do supply bottled water along the way,,,you may want to bring a couple of your own as well. I think we only stopped twice for a water break.