Much ado about nothing???

We had an ocean suite in 2014 (Liberty) & they didn't charge for the bottled water in the suite. It was the big bottles. If we drank one a new one "magically" appeared! :p

In 2014?..That's interesting. In suite bottled water in the bigger bottles..a size that you wouldn't necessarily want to carry around the ship, but it's replenished as needed in your suite. Just seems like if it were only one bottle of water the letter would have stated that and said something like one bottle of water per guest.

For those of us who are Diamond level, we already get daily laundry if needed and the water. So we are paying more for the gratuities in a suite and we already get those added perks.

We love the Vista Suite...and will continue to book it as long as Carnival doesn't start getting goofy with their pricing.....(like the ncl havens....yikes)

Just for the record...there is NO comparison between Carnival's suite experience - old or new - to NCL's Haven!

Agreed - it's your choice to do or not do something like the Haven. But having sailed in suites on both lines - multiple times - I can assure you that suite experiences are COMPLETELY different.

So much for our big suite amenities announcement?? All I have seen/read/heard is that they will be imposing a higher daily gratuity for suite guests...for....???????

Currently, Carnival does not provide suite guests with any special amenities, so, why are we going to be charged more for the same service??

Actually, from what I've seen/read/heard....Carnival is raising gratuities for ALL cabins....with an additional raise for suite guests...and cutting some of the services for non-suite cabins....

That's disappointing....

Unfortunately....that is WAY too often the case when it comes to Carnival's "big announcements"! :(

Just for the record...there is NO comparison between Carnival's suite experience - old or new - to NCL's Haven!

Agreed - it's your choice to do or not do something like the Haven. But having sailed in suites on both lines - multiple times - I can assure you that suite experiences are COMPLETELY different.

We book suites on NCL and CCL....yes, the suite experience is much different on NCL....but the haven prices are outrageous....IMO the best deals are the suites on the older ships (like the Dawn or the Star)...

(ex: we have a Deluxe Owners Suite booked on the Dawn for October....I just checked a comparable 'haven' suite on the Breakaway for the same time....almost 3x as much....even a smaller suite is over 2x the price we paid)

We love the suite life....but we do have our limits....lol

Edited by AnitaVacation

We book suites on NCL and CCL....yes, the suite experience is much different on NCL....but the haven prices are outrageous....IMO the best deals are the suites on the older ships (like the Dawn or the Star)...

(ex: we have a Deluxe Owners Suite booked on the Dawn for October....I just checked a comparable 'haven' suite on the Breakaway for the same time....almost 3x as much....even a smaller suite is over 2x the price we paid)

We love the suite life....but we do have our limits....lol

Awesome....enjoy!!!