Cozumel, Grand Princess- which pier?

rico

I called Princess to see which pier Grand Princess uses in Cozumel. They said their system shows both Punta Langosta and Puerta Maya.

Does anyone know which Grand Princess typically uses?

Also, where do I find how many ships will be in Cozumel on a particular day?

Thanks.

I called Princess to see which pier Grand Princess uses in Cozumel. They said their system shows both Punta Langosta and Puerta Maya.Does anyone know which Grand Princess typically uses?

Also, where do I find how many ships will be in Cozumel on a particular day? Thanks.

rick,

We've been at Puerta Maya twice (on the Coral) and once at Puerta Langosta (on the Sun). Not sure which you'll be at - it often depends on how many ships are in port with you.

Try this link it will tell you about ships in port:

http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/

Last December we were on the GP and we were suppose to dock at the International Pier, BUT the Splendour of the Seas stole our spot. We ended up docking at the Puerto Maya Pier. The two piers are within walking distance though. Punta Langosta is located in town about 3 miles away. The only other time I saw the GP in Cozumel she was docked at the Puerto Maya Pier.

As far as ships in port go.....get out both hands to count. Cozumel is an extremely busy port of call. I believe I saw 8 ships there last December, although not all of them were docked at the piers. Still, it wasn't too bad as far as crowds go.

If you go to www.cruiseclues.com, there is a lot of good cruise info. I think they had a section on ports where you might be able to check and see how many ships are in port when you're there. You can also check at www.caribbeanportreviews.com to get more info. on ports. Another good website that I like to use during hurricane season is www.stormcarib.com. It has all of the updated info. on hurricanes, in case there is one headed your way as you're about to cruise. ;)

Archived