the review

nick1234

Thanks Rusty!! We are booking for St. Martin for a week next year.I guess we arnt the cruising type. We did get alot of rest which is what we needed. We would just rather sit and relax and read a book as we both have high stress jobs with long hours.

Ali

Well ok, but

I bet you'll be back again. I bet when you're on your land vacation that there will be one or two things about cruising that you'll miss; things you haven't even thought about yet.

If so, come back and we'll help you do it right the next time...so right you'll get hooked.

I really don't think you're far off even now

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We would just rather sit and relax and read a book as we both have high stress jobs with long hours. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Sorry, I know I should let this go, but... icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

-------------------------

Sun Princess, 03/2004; Pacific Princess, 07/2003; Star Princess, 05/2003; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Sun Princess, 05/2001; Sun Princess, 04/2001; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Regal Princess, 10/1999; Sun Princess, 08/1998; Holiday, 05/1998; Westerdam, 09/1997; Regal Princess, 11/1996; Royal Odyssey, 09/1995; Starward, 11/1993

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I dont get it bdjam. Is there something wrong with relaxing and reading a book????????? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I don't get it either - one of the things I love to do on a cruise is relax and read a book because I don't get the time to do that at home - depending on the length of the cruise I can finish two or three. You implied you couldn't do this on a cruise, so maybe you're right...you're not the cruising type.

-------------------------

Sun Princess, 03/2004; Pacific Princess, 07/2003; Star Princess, 05/2003; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Sun Princess, 05/2001; Sun Princess, 04/2001; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Regal Princess, 10/1999; Sun Princess, 08/1998; Holiday, 05/1998; Westerdam, 09/1997; Regal Princess, 11/1996; Royal Odyssey, 09/1995; Starward, 11/1993

Nick the next time you cruise perhaps a slightly smaller ship may doyou. I liked the Dawn. I had trouble on the Navigator of the Seas which is a nice ship but I did not get along with some staff who told me to move my scooter out of their way. I also did not like some food on the Dawn including the egg plant but loved other parts of dinner (Love Boat Dream anyone).

Thank you for your review. I agree the first was a little confusing but the second was good.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Ali,

You are sounding stressed, I think you need a cruise! icon_wink.gif

Carol and John

Caribbean Princess May 22, 2004

NORDIC PRINCE 2/1994

RYNDAM 1/97

ENCHANTMENT 1/98

VEENDAM 6/98

SEA PRINCESS 3/99

RHAPSODY 1/2000

GRAND PRINCESS 11/00

VOYAGER 11/00

LEGEND 3/02

Future:

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 5/04

STAR PRINCESS 11/04

I agree with nick1234. It seems she cannot win with some of the Board members. She is intitled to her opinion and as such her reveiw is helpful. Keep in mind that everyones vacation is different, we are all looking for different things and each passenger has different expectations. Why does it matter if she would rather take a land vacation next year and why does anyone assume that she will miss out on anything if that's her choice. Lifes about free will. No one on this board is being asked to fund her vacations, she has every right to her own opinions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nick1234:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I dont get it bdjam. Is there something wrong with relaxing and reading a book????????? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Originally posted by bdjam: I don't get it either - one of the things I love to do on a cruise is relax and read a book because I don't get the time to do that at home - depending on the length of the cruise I can finish two or three. You implied you couldn't do this on a cruise, so maybe you're right...you're not the cruising type.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>bdjam - I didn't get that Ali was implying that at all. I think she meant that on a land vacation, she can relax more, stay in one place and have plenty of time to read a book. On a cruise that may be port intensive, you tend to do a lot more running around and you must purposely set aside time to just relax. I just got back from a 7 day where there was only 1 sea day. I like to relax a little more, so next time, I will book a less port intensive cruise.

If I haven't been to an island yet, I don't want to just relax on the ship. If I've the the itinerary before, then that is an option. Since this was only Ali's 2nd cruise, I'm sure she felt she wanted to see the islands the ship was going to.

Looks like you've been on enough cruises to know how to schedule your time to relax better. I would bet on your first couple of cruises, you probably didn't find it as easy! icon_smile.gif

Pea

5/9 Golden Princess  countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;9;23;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

time98.gif

Nick1234,

Don't let it phase you. I get the same type of hassle for not doing enough on a cruise. I tell anyone who listens that I go on a cruise to eat and do nothing----and I excel at both. Each person's vacation is their own as is their opinion---and unless the country has changed----our opinions should be respected and not criticized. We are all different and that is what makes us great.

You know the great thing I have found... we are all creatures of habit. Whether we take a vacation on land or by sea if we are prone to relax and read at the pool or in our cabin or motel room we will do just that. If we are big sightseerers we will sightsee. If we are big shopper we will shop. We should not critize one another just respect one another difference. Can you amagen if we all where totally alike. That sounds like NO FUN at all. One thing I have found I enjoy being on the cruise and finding so many people that talk a different language but communication so well with a smile and you just know that you both agree. Happy Cruising.

Brenda

I was on this cruise and I am surprised by some of the comments.

We never had a problem strolling on deck and finding a seat (we do not sunbathe all day, so often just walked up for an hour - we were not chair hogs!), chair hogs were not in evidence - our friends sunbathed and had no problems.

We went to many shows, usually arriving 10 - 15 mins max. before the show and never had a problem getting seats for the four of us together - in Club Fusion the layout is poor, so not all seats are good seats, but there were always seats to be had, with a view of the 'big screens'. We enjoyed all but one of the shows and thought the productions were very good, as were the comedians and the magician.

The food was excellent, we ate most nights in late traditional seating, but tried the PC dining optionduring our two weeks and found that to be equally good. We never felt rushed and there was no way we could have ever been out in less than 90 minutes. We never had a problem getting a seat in the area of the burger bar.

We walked around the ship numerous times on the Promenade Deck and sometimes it seemed like we were the only passengers on the ship! we rarely felt as if we were with thousands of other people.

I appreciate that different people have different perceptions of the same cruise, but from the description given and our perception I would have thought that we had been on different ships! This was also our second cruise and based on our experience we would not hesitate to sail this ship again.

Archived