Caribbean Princess - Just a few questions

princessb

We're booked on the July 24 sailing. Can anyone answer the questions:

1. Any drinks included like lemonade, iced tea, coffee?

2. Is there a kid's menu?

3. Is the Horizon Court open 24 hours? What does it offer? We have some teens coming that like their midnight pizza!

4. Is there a video arcade? I am reading there isn't - that will be a disappointment for kids and parents. It's a good down time thing to do!

Any answers?

Methinks nick had a bad cruise...let me see if I can give you a few better answers based on my Princess experience - note I've not been on Caribbean Princess...

<LI>Ice tea and coffee can be had for no charge - I don't look for lemonade, so I don't know about that. Soda cards seem to be a good deal for kids...if they drink soda.

<LI>There is a kids menu in the dining rooms, but I don't know the age groups to which it is offered

<LI>On other Princess ships, the Horizon Court is open 24 hours, however based on demand, the selections are limited. On Caribbean Princess, Cafe Caribe supplements Horizon Court when it is closed, and I believe there is also a late-night (11 - 4:30 a.m.) bistro. You might check with room service on the pizza.

<LI>Don't know about this one - Grand Princess, the prototype for this class of ship did have a video arcade, but her sisters did not...could be the same for Caribbean Princess. Princess has updated the deck plans on their website - much better than before - check there.

-------------------------

Sun Princess, 03/2004; Pacific Princess, 07/2003; Star Princess, 05/2003; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Sun Princess, 05/2001; Sun Princess, 04/2001; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Regal Princess, 10/1999; Sun Princess, 08/1998; Holiday, 05/1998; Westerdam, 09/1997; Regal Princess, 11/1996; Royal Odyssey, 09/1995; Starward, 11/1993

On the kids menu part...I'm an adult and I ordered off the kids menu on the Star Princess one night. I'm a really "picky" eater and I wasn't very hungry so the waiter brought me a kids menu. He didn't act like it was a problem at all.

Car Destiny-W Caribbean-6/1/00

Sovereign - Bahamas - 6/15/01

Star Princess-Alaska-7/16/02

Navigator-E Caribbean-8/02/03

Mariner-W Caribbean-01/25/04

Caribbean Princess - 9/25/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;09;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

UNTIL THE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS !!!!!!

Kathi

Kathi_Whale001.gif

LOVE THE VOYAGER CLASS!!! BUT ANY SHIP WILL DO!!!

There is no lemondade but iced tea and coffee were included.

Not sure about a kid's menu (don't have any kids yet)

The Horizon Court is open until 6:30 pm and then the Carib Cafe (which is the back part of Horizon Court) is open for dinner until 11:30 pm and then offers a bistro menu until 4 am ish. The pizza is open only until 8:00 pm.

I saw a sign for an Arcade but honestly I didn't go looking for it.

Princess B,

There IS fresh lemonade. In the Horizon Court where the coffee service is located, notice the fresh, sliced lemons? I always carry a large thermal coffee cup as well as a plastic thermos with a shoulder strap.

In the Dining Room, our waiter remembered to bring me a plate of sliced lemons for each meal. Just added Equal and ice - voila, instant fresh lemonade. You could also add honey or sugar. I carry this around and drink it all day.

BTW, lemons are a great diuretic and helps your tissues get rid of excess fluid accumulated in travel.

A Smile is just a little curve that sets a lot of things Straight.

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

Archived