Anyone else a Su Doku junkie like me??

megessey

Yes is a lot of fun. Just so you know though...it is not an ancient Japanese game. Was invented by an American. It was first published in 1979 in NY but became popular in Japan in the 80s and was perfected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudoku

Scroll to the bottom for history. Sudoku is also a trademark name. Kinda like calling all tissues "kleenex".

Enjoy! :o

I remember doing them in the '80s so I was a little confused when someone showed me the "new rage" - Sudoku. My mom would buy the puzzle books with the assortment of puzzles and what she didn't do, I would. I don't think I knew the name then...but I sure do now! Now my DH is hooked and when he gets stuck, he comes to me for a clue. :)

arrrrggghhhh... i had seen these books in the store, and never knew what they were. after reading this post a few days ago, i checked out http://www.websudoku.com. now i am totally addicted! DH laughs at me, but i have been printing out 5 or 6 easy puzzles a day, and can finish almost all of them. when i complete one, i draw a big smiley face at the top (i know, i am a dork!) thanks a lot; i really should be doing laundry, but btwn reading these boards and doing sudoku...

• 1 month later...

Love Sudoku as well!

I have heard recruiters in the US now use them to help them evaluate candidates when hiring! It helps them figure out the thought process of a person.

So keep solving those puzzles on sea or on land, you never know when they skills to solve these will come in handy! Plus they are great entertainment!

• 2 weeks later...

I had never heard of Sudoku til a few months ago, when I had a free moment and was going to do the crossword puzzle in the newspaper. I saw the strange looking puzzle next to it, read the instructions and now I'm hooked. I haven't worked the dang crossword since I did that first Sudoku puzzle....LOL. I found a HUGE book of sudoku puzzles at Sam's Club and bought it without realizing there were different levels. I'm still on easy and the book is, like, expert level...LOL. I haven't even been able to finish the first puzzle yet.

Did my first one out of a friends book on my last cruise. The proceeded to grovel to the purser's desk every couple of days to photocopy pages out of the book so I could feed my addiction. I now it for my daughter's PSP and downloaded Snoodoku, which is cute.

Have a look at it. I am also addicted to Snood.

http://www.womgames.com/index.php

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ah, Sudoku, the cocaine for intellectuals.

That's really true! I get started on them and can't stop. Book, handheld version, computer version, website versions, anything I can get my hands on. And definitely the harder the better for me!

I'm an addict too!

I have to do a puzzle a night when I climb into bed. I have this monster book that I swear weighs a good 200 pounds full of puzzles. I got it on clearance at Barnes & Noble.

I work for an airline and between flights all of the agents work on the puzzles at the ticket counter. That's how I became addicted.

My family, thinks i'm nuts!

• 3 weeks later...

My dad has Alzheimers and his doctor told us all(mother, brother and sisters) to start playing Sudoku every day. He said that it is great exercise for the brain and it will ward off Alzheimers. I asked him if he was serious and he said that he was dead serious. We all went out and bought THE ULTIMATE SUDOKU DELUXE Cd for our computers. I got mine at SAM'S CLUB. Now we are all hooked! :D

Does anyone know how Sudoku is pronounced? The girl at the store pronounced it "Sa Doe Koo"... Is this right or is this just the was we Texans pronounce it? :p

Archived